PDA

View Full Version : I need some help with Felder!!

Jeff Monson
02-14-2009, 9:20 PM
I finally decided to pull the pin and buy a Hammer a3-31 jointer/planer.
I've been working with a guy in Sacramento named Richard, well I've had the contract filled out and I finally faxed it into him on 3:30 pm friday. He immediatly called me back and said he would call me monday morning to wrap up the details. Well low and behold today I get my FWW magazine in the mail and on page 13 there is a felder ad stating "free shipping on orders placed in march and april".

What should I do??????? The shipping quote was $560 dollars, and Richard never mentioned the up and coming special.

I just want some sound advice before he calls on Monday, should I push the issue? I have a really bad feeling that I'll be spending the money on shipping as I signed the contract. I have not sent the check yet but they do have my credit card # and have the approval for the 20% down. Why does this always happen to me :mad:

David DeCristoforo
02-14-2009, 9:33 PM
Why not ask for the deal? It can't hurt. You have a "grace period" on anything purchased with your credit card anyway and you may also have a three day "right of rescission" on the contract. I would also post this to the Felder owners group (FOG) on Yahoo Groups.

Dave Lehnert
02-14-2009, 9:35 PM
I would not be afraid to ask at all. Bet he will give it to you. However, does the ad list a selling price? The price in March may go up $500 then offer "Free Shipping" That is done ALL THE TIME in retail.

Mark Bolton
02-14-2009, 9:48 PM
I would agree with the others, I am not sure if the Richard you are talking about is the same I have dealt with at Felder (brittish accent?), but I would think he would make it right. He seemed very nice when we dealt with him.

You have to remember, this is a buyers market, while you cant be unreasonable, most in this economy are happy to simply be receiving calls and orders for machines.

Mark

Jim Becker
02-14-2009, 10:29 PM
Call on the phone and suggest you'd like the advertised free shipping special to be applied to your order.

Steve Rozmiarek
02-14-2009, 10:39 PM
You won't have any problems getting a deal, I'd bet. Like the others said, be realistic though. I bought my machine, and a month later they where including a bandsaw or dust collector with the same purchase. I whined a little, and got a couple good deals on some fairly substantial accesories. I think the price went up during that deal as well. Bottom line, they sell a premium product, and they will treat you fair, as long as you reciprocate.

Also, you have to sign and send back the purchase order for the purchase to start I think. You'll love the new toy.

Jeff Monson
02-14-2009, 10:56 PM
Thanks for the good advice guys, I dont get excited too easily and Richard, (yes the guy with the accent) has been nothing short of excellent to deal with. But I have read alot of posts about poor felder customer service. I'll post back on monday to let you know what happens.

Rod Sheridan
02-15-2009, 7:04 PM
Thanks for the good advice guys, I dont get excited too easily and Richard, (yes the guy with the accent) has been nothing short of excellent to deal with. But I have read alot of posts about poor felder customer service. I'll post back on monday to let you know what happens.

Jeff, how about reading a post about the excellent service from Felder?

I have nothing but high praise for Felder, their customer service in my experience has been as good as Lee Valley's, and being Canadian I'm probably biased!

You'll enjoy your new planer/jointer immensely. I have the A3-31 and am extremely pleased with it.

Regards, Rod.

Steve Rozmiarek
02-15-2009, 7:54 PM

Jeff, I guess I've heard that about Laguna, but I don't offhand remember Felder getting ripped here. Course there are about 850,000 posts that I probably have not read...

My experience is the same as Rod's, good as it gets!

Mike Gottlieb
02-15-2009, 9:27 PM
I have to agree with Steve and Rod. I just received my A3-31 and service was excellent. I was especially impressed as to how well this machine was packaged - two heavy pallets, tip indicators, etc. You will be pleased.

Jeff Monson
02-16-2009, 5:18 PM
I spoke to Richard today at Felder and we went through the discounts that I was receiving, and it was about a wash. If I wanted free shipping, so basically take the discounts and pay for shipping, or give up the discounts and get shipping free.

I did not mean to trash Felder by any means, so I hope you guys did not take it that way, I just got a little excited when I read the ad about the shipping.

I'll give Richard 2 thumbs up for the courtesy he has shown me, if the machine performs anything like he has then I'll be a very happy Felder customer.

Rick Fisher
02-16-2009, 9:33 PM
I have bought one tool from Felder in BC and find them great to deal with.

I had a few problems which where all operator error and Felder was awesome to deal with. Every one of my problems was addressed in that owners manual thing.. so I read it now.. instead of calling. Its a new concept for me.

In our area we have Felder and SCMI. I loathe SCMI customer service and love Felder.