PDA

View Full Version : used 14" Bandsaw help

ron hossack
02-14-2009, 6:01 PM
I picked up a used 14" SuperCut (looks like delta except for the color) bandsaw.

And since I know absolutely nothing about these tools I am now looking for a place to find a manual and maybe a place and/or a tuneup guide.

Dewey Torres
02-14-2009, 7:16 PM
Do you have the model number?

ron hossack
02-14-2009, 7:36 PM
Do you have the model number?
Not sure that it means anything as SuperCut hasn't handled bandsaws in a while just blades etc., but it is: SuperCut Model: S14V-MS

Dewey Torres
02-14-2009, 10:19 PM
Ron,
I think you are just going to have to give them a call:

You can contact SuperCut Bandsaw Co., Inc. in several ways:
Mail/Shipping Address:

14283 N. Thayer St.
Rathdrum, ID 83858 USA
Phone:

800-356-9918 (toll free)
Fax:

208-687-3720
Email:

contact@supercutbandsaw.com

ron hossack
02-15-2009, 7:02 PM
Ron,
I think you are just going to have to give them a call:
Thanks Dewey ... it's a local company and they told me they don't have anything anymore as far as manuals and to search the net ...

Sal Kurban
02-15-2009, 8:19 PM
If it is a standard 14" BS, may I suggest that you get a bandsaw book? All you need is really a bandsaw book for tune up. The rest is just part numbers and such. Mark Duginske or Lonnie Bird have decent books on care and tune up of bandsaws; I have the latter.

John Thompson
02-15-2009, 10:50 PM
Sal is correct Ron.. if you can't find a manual it really will not matter as all BS's are basically the same as far as components and what you need to know about them is in any BS book that was mentioned. There are minor changes but BS's as jointers haven't really changed that much over the course of time.

The manual would give you individual part #'s but.. since the company no longer makes that saw.. it is irrelevant anyway.

Good luck with your new saw...

Sarge..