PDA

View Full Version : OT New Tool Gloat

Doug Shepard
02-14-2009, 5:02 PM
Thought I'd post some eye candy pics for the guitarists here of a fleabay purchase that showed up today. This is an Epiphone Sheraton II in mint condition in Alpine White that's no longer available. I've been wanting one of these since playing and ogling one in a music store back in the 80's. The seller claimed he'd only played it about 10 hours the entire time he'd owned it, and it looks it. Except for a couple of light scuff scratches on the pickguard there's not a mark on it. Haven't applied electricity to it yet but it plays extremely nice. Had to put up a bit of a fight for it, but got what amounts to a free case and free shipping compared to what new ones cost, but in a very rare color. Now I just gotta get busy and work on getting my chops back.

ROY DICK
02-14-2009, 5:31 PM
Beautiful! Do I smell a riff?

Roy

Doug Shepard
02-14-2009, 6:00 PM
Beautiful! Do I smell a riff?

Roy

Well riff raff at least:D

David Christopher
02-14-2009, 6:20 PM
Doug, thats a nice guitar..I had one several years ago (natural color ) I think it was a 1976 and it played better that the ES-335 that I had at that time...anyway Good score

Jim Becker
02-14-2009, 10:14 PM
Oohh...that's a beauty!! Congratulations. Enjoy!

John Keeton
02-15-2009, 5:55 AM
Aaaahhhhh!!! To reclaim one's youth - no taste quite as sweet:)

That is a beaut! Over the years, I would buy a guitar about every decade, convince myself I was going to get back into playing, and then end up selling it 3-4 years later. The last one was a Washburn exotic wood acoustic. I think I am over it - just don't have that many decades left:D

Enjoy!

Mike Langford
02-17-2009, 1:05 PM
Ain't nuttin' better that gettin' a new git-fiddle! :D (at least not to us guitar nuts! ;))

Gorgeous guitar and nice (rare) color.......Play us a little Johnny-B-Good!

Enjoy........