PDA

View Full Version : Any Videos or books on Hollowing

Bill Bulloch
02-14-2009, 8:52 AM
I just bought the two piece 5/8" Trent Bocsh Hollowing Tools off ebay. Have never tried hollowing. Does anyone know of a site with demonstration videos or can recommend a good book or two on the subject. I'm looking forward to trying them out, but feel I should find the best approach first. I just started turning in October.

Bernie Weishapl
02-14-2009, 11:11 AM
Mike Mahoney has a good one called Hollow Forms and Urn's. John Jordon has a good one called Hollow Turning. David Ellsworth has a couple called Ellsworth Hollow Tool and Ellsworth Video #3. All are excellent. I have the first two and Ellsworth #3.

Burt Alcantara
02-14-2009, 11:16 AM
I concur with Bernie. Also, Lyle Jamieson's "Hollow Forms the Easy Way," is a good look at the techniques associated with using a captured system.

The Trent Bosch DVDs touch on aspects of hollowing. You should check out the selection found on SmartFlix. Try before you Buy.

David Ellsworth's new book, "Ellsworth on Woodturning," has very good concise descriptions of hollowing, including making your own tools. A very highly recommended book for any woodturning discipline.

Burt