PDA

View Full Version : BORG's stock Blum Tandem?

Steve Rozmiarek
02-13-2009, 11:03 PM
Anybody know if any of the BORG stores carry Blum Tandem drawer slides? More specifically the clips? I need one set to replace the one I just drilled through :mad:. I have Lowes, Menards and Home Depot close. Never seen these there, but I guess I've never looked either.

Steve Schoene
02-14-2009, 6:18 AM
I'm not sure, but I think they are more likely to carry knock-offs. And, even if they carry the actual Blum, getting parts from them is extremely unlikely.

Steve Rozmiarek
02-14-2009, 12:05 PM
Actually, those slides are sold so you buy the slide part, then the clips seperatly. I just need the clips. I think I may have it epoxied well enough to temporarily finish the chest this weekend, will order some today. Drilling through that clip was sure one of those moments...

Charlie Plesums
02-14-2009, 10:35 PM
I haven't seen Tandem slides at a Borg (or any color), but I get mine from the local hardwood lumber yard, at prices at or below mail order.

Peter Quinn
02-15-2009, 8:59 PM
I have looked and NEVER seen blum products at ANY borg near me. My local quality lumber yard stocks tandem's and clips though I mostly order mine online. Woodcraft stocks them too f you have one of those near you.

Steve Rozmiarek
02-16-2009, 12:45 AM
Thanks guys. Out here in the sticks, its the borgs or mail order. Several smaller lumber yards, but they just look at you wierd when you ask for something as strange as a drawer slide, then if you do get them convienced of what you need, they have to order it anyhow. I like living here usually, but there are times...