PDA

View Full Version : Systimatic Saw Blades

Paul Ryan
02-13-2009, 8:55 PM
I have read the thread on the Forest WWII and found it real interesting. I have done some searches on systimatic blades on the creek but haven't found much info. The blades seem real inexpensive compared to some of the high end Freud's and the Forest blades. But I would like to know who uses them, has used them, and if they any good? The combo blade is half the price of a WWII on sale, I have also been looking at a glue line rip and a nice cross cut blade. The 3 blades from systimatic cost slightly more than a WWII. But I hate to waste money on cheap tools, it ends up costing me more in the long run. Thanks in advanced.

Jim Becker
02-13-2009, 9:59 PM
As far as I know, Systimatic has several levels of blades, just like Freud and others. My local woodworking store sells Systimatic and they are very nice industrial quality blades from what I could see. The ones they have are not what I would call "inexpensive", however...

Doug Shepard
02-13-2009, 10:10 PM
I had a Systematic on my Compound Miter Saw but sold it after selling the miter saw since is was a negative hook blade pretty much for CMS use only. It was a 100 tooth 10" and left the best surface I've ever cut. Almost made keeping the CMS worthwhile but I needed the room.

Jon Grider
02-13-2009, 10:15 PM
My PM 66 came with a Systematic 50T combo blade that I think is a first rate blade. I've never tried Forest blades but I can compare it to my 2 Freud [a rip and a combo]blades and a Tenryu Gold combo. I like the Systematic more than either Freud and nearly as much as the Tenryu.It holds an edge very well,and gives very smooth edges when ripping or crosscutting.

Jeff Willard
02-13-2009, 10:45 PM
I have a Systematic dado. Top notch. All of my current blade needs are covered by other manufacturers, but if I have to replace one for some reason, or add to the arsenal, I wouldn't have a problem with dropping the coin on a Systematic.

Karl Brogger
02-13-2009, 10:51 PM
Frued is over rated in my opinion. Forrest makes has some real nice blades, but they are expensive. I use mainly FS Tool, but have used Systematic blades and dado heads at shops I've worked at, and I agree they're a top notch blade. I'd use them myself, but my sharpener deals with FS Tool, and I'm too lazy to look elseware, I figure why when the sharpener delivers them?

george wilson
02-13-2009, 10:53 PM
Carefully examine the very cutting edge on carbide blades. The blades with the most smoothly ground edges cut better. That seems simplistic,but Forrest blades,for 1,have extra smoothly ground tips,unless things have changed lately.

Randy Carnley
02-13-2009, 11:10 PM
I've used them and think they are better than anything else I've ever used.

Chris Konikowski
02-13-2009, 11:15 PM
Waiting for Sonny to get on this one... :)

Tony Bilello
02-13-2009, 11:28 PM
I had 2 of their dado sets and several combo blades. I sent them UPS to Memphis Machinery for sharpening. They were great blades. Very quiet and smooth running. Worth every penny. Much better than my Freuds.

Paul Ryan
02-13-2009, 11:34 PM
I know Sonny is a fan of the blades. I have read his posts but wanted to hear more from him and the rest of the crew here. I have a cross cut blade that is now junk because of my local sharpener. I have only been using a cheaper thin kerf combo blade freud from the borg. It actually hasn't been a bad blade, better than the blade that came with my SC table saw. Cut smootly when new, but has dulled with in a few months. I am a hobbiest so the blade isn't cutting wood every day. And the feed rate when ripping is pretty slow. So I felt it was time to invest in some decent blades. I have large project on the horizon so it is time. Any way I did some research on blades and every one talked about forest and freuds but they are stinkin expensive. Then I came across systimatic and they seem like a bargin compared to the other big names. And where is there a better place to get advice than the CREEK.

Karl Brogger
02-14-2009, 12:35 AM
Paul, That Ophoughven (SP) carries Systimatic.

Jim O'Dell
02-14-2009, 8:48 AM
I've got 2 of the Systi blades. a 40 tooth ATB that I use for my combo blade, and a 60 tooth tripple chip that I use for plastics and cross cutting, and right now, since I don't have a new blade for it, I use it on my SCMS. Got both off of E-bay several years ago. The 60 tooth was about 45.00. They need to be sharpened, but I'm happy with them.

scott spencer
02-14-2009, 9:10 AM
My Systimatic 42T/6T dado set is very heavy duty and cuts very nicely....not quite to the level of the Infinity Dadonator but really nice. It was made in the USA, but I think some of the Systimatic blades may be made in Czechoslovakia now ...not certain though. I haven't used any other Systimatic blades yet. FWIW, Wood Mag gave one the Systimatic 40T blades a "BEST BUY" rating last year, but IIRC I think WWers Journal rated the 50T Systimatic Budke blade midpack about 2 years ago....the same article that rated the DeWalt DW7640 50T highest after cost was factored in.

Amazon happens to have the Forrest WW10407125 Woodworker II 10-Inch 40 Tooth ATB .125 Kerf on sale for $73.13 shipped, and the 9" 30T TK on sale for < $59 shipped.

Paul Ryan
02-14-2009, 9:11 AM
Thanks Karl. I will check them out when I drop off my other blades to be sharpended. I am not just looking for systimatic blades, but they seemed to be a good bang for the buck from what hads been reported.

Rod Sheridan
02-15-2009, 7:18 PM
Purchase either Systimatic or FS Tool............You'll be very happy.........Rod.

Sonny Edmonds
02-15-2009, 9:09 PM
All I run are Systimatic blades (http://www.justsawblades.com/systimatic/rip.htm). I use a glue line rip, 30 tooth.
And have their top of the line Super Fine Dado (http://www.justsawblades.com/systimatic/dado_sets.htm) set, too.
And I have a negitive 6 degree hook (http://www.justsawblades.com/systimatic/precision_trim.htm) blade on my SCMS.

Run the best, Industrial Quality Blades, Systimatic. I use them on a 5 HP Unisaw. I do not want problematic blades around. ;)

I don't use combination blades. I use dedicated purpose blades.
__________________________________________________ ____________

Or run junk. It's your shop. And I really don't care if folks run junk. It's their loss. :D

Charles McCracken
02-17-2009, 9:44 AM
... and freuds but they are stinkin expensive. Then I came across systimatic and they seem like a bargin compared to the other big names...

I guess I'm missing something. The Systematic Combination blade (10 X 50T) on the site that Sonny linked is $55 while the Freud Industrial LU84M011 is $59.99 shipped on Amazon.

Tom Walz
02-17-2009, 10:58 AM
SystiMatic blades are excellent industrial blades.

They do not have the narrow side clearance and ground shoulders of the Forrest blades so they will cut without heating.

We sell them. We will beat any price by $1.00 a blade. Everything we sell is 100% guaranteed. You don’t like it, then you don’t keep it. We refund your purchase price and your shipping.

Our customer service is great because we have two nice ladies, laughing Emily and quiet Rene, to help you. Call 800 346-8274.

Blades are online at
http://www.carbideprocessors.com/store/systimatic-combination.html

If you really want know about saw blades go to http://www.carbideprocessors.com/Technical_information.htm

About a third of this is research I did with SystiMatic.

Tom Walz

John Callahan
02-17-2009, 11:13 AM
Karl, Is there anyone who handes FS around the Cities?