PDA

View Full Version : wish me luck

curtis rosche
02-13-2009, 8:24 PM
tommorow we have the sectional wrestling tournament. at 135 i am the 8th seed, i get to wrestle the first seed for the first match. the first seed should go beyond states this year. last year his record was 50-1. this year so far his record is 40-1. tommorow will be interesting to say the least

Ted Calver
02-13-2009, 8:26 PM
Take him down Curtis...40-2 is sounding pretty good to me!!

curtis rosche
02-13-2009, 8:34 PM
except that my record aint that good this year, we went o a lot of very hard tournaments this year, leaving my record at 1-26.

i will give it all i got, but i dont know if it will be enough. funny though the only lose he has so far is a kid who pinned him

Bruce Page
02-13-2009, 8:35 PM
Good luck Curtis. 40-2 does sound good!

curtis rosche
02-13-2009, 8:37 PM
i would also win a car if i did that, one of my team mates shook on giving me his car if i can do it. nice old camaro with holes in the floor

Chris Kennedy
02-13-2009, 8:42 PM
Good luck. 40-2 does sound good, and more to the point, a 2-26 with a very important 2 sounds better.

Cheers,

Chris

Ken Fitzgerald
02-13-2009, 8:43 PM
If that old Camaro has holes in the floor you don't want it anyway....but just the same.....Pin the guy!

Jim Becker
02-13-2009, 9:50 PM
Go for it, Curtis! Best wishes!

ROY DICK
02-14-2009, 8:51 AM
Good luck Curtis.

Roy

Ben Franz
02-14-2009, 10:24 AM
Good luck Curtis. I wrestled for one season a LONG time ago - you guys are studs! No tougher sport than wrestling.

Belinda Barfield
02-14-2009, 10:32 AM
You can do it Curtis. Remember, it's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog! GOOD LUCK!

Joe Chritz
02-14-2009, 10:50 AM
I'm with Ben, wrestling was the toughest sport I ever did for non match workouts. We worked harder and longer than football and the season was longer.

Now that I am older and play hockey twice a week I am starting to wonder if maybe this isn't worse. Apparently I don't bounce as well as I once did, who knew? :D

Prepare well, fight hard and never give up.

Remember practice doesn't make perfect, perfect practice makes perfect.

Can't wait to hear the outcome.

Joe

curtis rosche
02-15-2009, 1:20 PM
well the season is over, i lost, but not by alot. the other kid was shocked. you could see it. oh well, time to work for next season

glenn bradley
02-15-2009, 2:04 PM
i would also win a car if i did that, one of my team mates shook on giving me his car if i can do it. nice old camaro with holes in the floor

Now that kind of inspiration could draw from down deep for a burst of extra strength. Go for it!

ROY DICK
02-15-2009, 2:08 PM
You gave it your best shot, and that's all any one can do or ask. Not a lot of people have that chance.

Congrats on the try tho.

Roy

dan grant
02-15-2009, 2:16 PM
except that my record aint that good this year, we went o a lot of very hard tournaments this year, leaving my record at 1-26.

i will give it all i got, but i dont know if it will be enough. funny though the only lose he has so far is a kid who pinned him
if you give it all you got that is good enough

Ted Calver
02-15-2009, 5:40 PM
Curtis,
I wrestled at about the same weight... and had about the same record.....only 50 years ago. :) What I learned then holds true today--if you've given it your best shot and still don't come out on top, you can still take pleasure from a battle well fought. Good job!

Jim O'Dell
02-15-2009, 6:34 PM
Great attitude Curtis! I'm proud of you!!!! The others are right, wrestling is a tough sport. I ran track instead. :rolleyes: But the wrestling team worked out across the hall from our weight room, and they were in there year round. Working on techniques, sweating the pounds off so they could stay in their weight class, or drop one if need be. That was one hot smelly room!
And the hard meet schedule works to your advantage sometimes. In High School track, we started the month before everyone else by coming to Texas to compete in their meets in Feb. Oklahoma schools didn't start their meets until March. We also ran against 4 and 5A schools, and we were only a 3A school back then. I think Ada is 4A now. We also did 2 meets per weekend when they were available. Part of the reason I hate getting up early now. :D But we won state 3 of the 4 years I was in HS. The one off year we came in 2nd by less than 3 points. Yeah, the hard work pays off.
Go after it next year. If you get to take this guy on again, make him even more surprised by taking him down. That's your goal. DON'T LOSE SIGHT OF IT! Jim.