PDA

View Full Version : Oh goody,

Colin Giersberg
02-13-2009, 4:25 PM
look what I received in my e-mail today. I can't wait to delete it, but I did want to post it for all to see. I have no intention in responding to them.

Regards, Colin

UNITED STATES SECURITY ADMINISTRATION AGENCY
AND WORLD BANK POLICY HARMONIZATION COMMITTEE
SITTING IN ABUJA, NIGERIA.

(SUB SECTION WEST AFRICAN MONITORING UNIT)
Our Ref: PHC/USA/BJN/ZZ057

To the esteemed bonafide.

Sequel to the new arrangement, I deemed it necessary and urgent to notify you finally about your outstanding settlement of your over due transfer of your fund. I resumed duty recently as Policy HARMONIZATION Chairman on public debts (West African Monitoring Institution), a committee set up by the WORLD BANK/UNITED STATES AID.

I am committed to upholding and defending the constitution and laws of West Africa as well as achieving a higher level of public safety and security through the prosecution of criminals in the state.

The purpose of the committee among others is to investigate, verify and settle all outstanding debts owed, and records before me have revealed that your payment has not been effected as a result of official negligence as many irregularities had happened in the Bank where some top officials of the Apex Bank collaborate with impostors who are carrying fake portfolios misled and misguided YOU about the position of your fund and having the opportunity to extort money from you.

As we understand the difficulties of economic times that exist today and would like to repay this obligation for your plan designed to meet your budgetary need. so be informed that your fund valued US$5,500,000,00 had since being approved via E-payment(Master Debit card) which in few days, all payment will be concluded according to the agreement and you will receive your payment through the E-payment system.

The security of your data and transactions is crucial to us, we therefore apply one of the best security standards available (WB-USSA), this applies to the business relationship and supplements any agreements made by individual contract.

Based on the information we received, it is mandatory and compulsory that you reconfirm your contact information such as Your full name, Address and Direct telephone numbers, for the programming of the information in the micro chip compartment of this committee.

As the authorities stated, your payment has been described as selective payment and you will be required to comply with the rules governing these exercise to enable conclussion of payment exactly on the particular date or period specified in the transfer script text for the fund to be made available to you.

You are also adviced NOT to accept any E-mail or telephone calls that does not come from this office as this is to forestall new efforts towards a diversion of your payment.You can call me for further details on +234-7071108511. Note, the following organizations are monitoring these payments exercise: The World bank and International bank of Settlement to making sure that all payments went successfully.

Accept our congratulations in advance.

Best regards,

Dr. Abel Adelson.
Chairman, Policy Harmonization Committee.
Abuja Nigeria.
+234-7071108511.

Chris Padilla
02-13-2009, 4:32 PM
After hitting the word "Nigeria," it automatically gets nuked! :)

Al Willits
02-13-2009, 4:58 PM
Wonder what would happen if you sent back a email saying your now holding a check for $2,987,000 and if they could send you $1,000,001 dollars you'd give very serious thought to sending them the check for $2,987,000 and they could keep the rest????

Ya, delete it...:)

Al

Joe Pelonio
02-13-2009, 5:36 PM
That's not so great, I have inherited more than double that, Ten Million Six Hundred Thousand today, from the UK.

Hello Friend,

This is to notify you again for the last time that you have been listed as an Heir to the total sum of 'Ten Million Six Hundred Thousand Great British Pounds' in the codicil and last testament of the deceased (Name now withheld since this is our second letter to you). Our contact to you is based on the legal fact that you bear the same last name identity with the deceased therefore we can present you as the heir to the inheritance.

All legal papers will be processed on your acceptance of this deal. We request that you kindly forward to us your letter of acceptance; your current telephone and fax numbers and a forwarding address to enable us file necessary documents at our high court probate division for the release of this sum of money.

Please indicate your interest immediately via my private email for us to proceed. I shall feed you with full details of this transaction upon receipt of your reply towards this proposal.

Best Regards,
Dr. Garrett Kenneth.
Tel: +44-703-596-4009.
drkennethgarrett2(at)rediffmail.com.

Brent Leonard
02-13-2009, 5:42 PM
Say goodbye to your peaceful inbox....

I kept my personal email protected from the outside world for 7 years. Only the close friends and family had it. I never used it on any form or web site (I had a secondary address for that).

Well, as some point last year, the Nigerians found my personal email addrerss. Now I get at least 3 emails in my "junk" file a day from Africa. Sometimes there is 3 or more of the SAME email sent within minutes of each other. I also am getting the fake "there's a problem with your account" email asking me to log in on their link to re-authorize activity on my account. 99% of the time, they are from "banks" that I don't even bank with.

Wouldn't it be nice to figure out a way to burn those guys at their own game!!

David Christopher
02-13-2009, 6:14 PM
Im very jelous.....im getting no money

Chris Padilla
02-13-2009, 6:37 PM
Im very jelous.....im getting no money

Look at it this way, David: ya ain't losin' none either! ;)

David Christopher
02-13-2009, 7:11 PM
good point Chris, but I dont have much to loose anyway

Eric DeSilva
02-13-2009, 8:03 PM
Wouldn't it be nice to figure out a way to burn those guys at their own game!!

http://www.419eater.com/

Dave Verstraete
02-13-2009, 9:30 PM
Colin
I spent two years in West Africa and I have never received one of these....I feel left out!!!

Brent Leonard
02-13-2009, 10:14 PM
http://www.419eater.com/

That has to be some of the funniest stuff I've ever read! I just spent a couple hours reading how good they got some of the scammers.

Certainly lots of time involved messing with these guys.
Boy is that some good stuff! Fighting Fire with fire1

Colin Giersberg
02-13-2009, 11:55 PM
Dave, lucky you. Actually, this is the first one I have ever received.

Maybe, we should do the same thing. Send this type of e-mail to Nigeria and tell them what they have won. I wonder if that would work?

Regards, Colin

Sonny Edmonds
02-14-2009, 12:08 AM
Not even worth replying to.:rolleyes: