PDA

View Full Version : Rough estimate on a job.

Dan Mages
07-07-2004, 9:33 AM
Good morning all. A friend took a liking to my Canadian Flag shelf and wants to know if I can make him a shelf with his Clan's crest in it. It is far too detailed to do as inlay, so I brought up the idea of putting it into a green granite or marble tile that would be inlayed into his shelf.

So... Roughly how much will it cost to engrave this into a granite floor tile? I can get a better copy of the crest in a PDF file.

Thanks for the advice!!

Dan

Chris Padilla
07-07-2004, 10:42 AM
Dan,

Sounds like you have a nice little racket going there! Good luck to you, Sir! :) Same thing happend to me when I did up a little shelving system for a friend...other people saw it and now they are knocking on my door! :D

Dan Mages
07-07-2004, 11:09 AM
Dan,

Sounds like you have a nice little racket going there! Good luck to you, Sir! :) Same thing happend to me when I did up a little shelving system for a friend...other people saw it and now they are knocking on my door! :D

Thank you! This one should be easier tho. It will have one type of wood and a square inlay.

Dan

Aaron Koehl
07-07-2004, 12:24 PM
Dan,

It depends on the size of it--
12x12" will run between $45 - $60.

It will look awesome masked and paint filled, too!

Dan Mages
07-08-2004, 9:13 AM
Thanks for the info. I will pass it along.

I've never seen it paint filled before. What would that look like?

George M. Perzel
07-11-2004, 9:59 AM
Hi Dan;
What size would you need? I can do a green marble, 4" square, for $20 plus shipping. See [link moderated. No commercial advertising on SawmillCreek, per the terms of service. (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/terms.php)]
George

George M. Perzel
07-11-2004, 10:03 AM
Hi again;
Forgot-crest on green marble would be filled with white or cream fill.
By the way, Elmer's makes six different color wood fills which come in tubes, dry quickly, and are more durable than spackle- also can be tinted with acrylic colors to make any color.
George