PDA

View Full Version : "Weekend Doin's" - Friday the 13th Edition

Karl Laustrup
02-13-2009, 8:28 AM
Friday February 13, 2008

GOOD MORNING "CREEKERS"!

Yep, it's Friday the 13th. And there's another one coming in March if this one isn't enough for you. Personally, I've never let stuff like that bother me. MUCH!!!! ;):D

Most of our 50+inches of snow are gone now after last weekends warm weather. Actually made it into the 50's for a couple of days with 40's for several other days. Now we're back to seasonably cool and snow is forcast for tonight, although they're saying only about an inch. I can handle that especially seeing that spring is just around the corner.

With tomorrow being Valentines day, I'm sure this will not be a "regular" weekend for at least some of you. We're heading out for a nice dinner. Other than that I'm going to enjoy the Daytona 500 as well as the Nationwide race Saturday and the truck race tonight. Somewhere in between that, I'm going to install a couple of medicine cabinets in both of our bathrooms. That was a mistake on my part when I built the house, so now I'll correct that mistake.:o

What are you up to this weekend? What've you got planned for your "Sweetheart"?:)

Hope you have a great weekend and please make it a SAFE one.

Karl

Al Willits
02-13-2009, 8:59 AM
Probably take the wife out to someplace nice to eat, maybe Wendy's instead of Burger King.......

This weekend should be a lot of time working on the kitchen cart and cleaning the garage/shop, also a guy at work is interested in reloading so I'll drag my reloading stuff out and he's gonna try it before he buys anything.

Also got about 900 or so music CD's I need to figure out where to store and be able to get at...."you know who" has said they need a place out of the way...:)

Hope ya all have a safe and well weekend, Karl, this spring we need a GTG...been to long....:)

Al...who thinks the fight will start about the time we hit the Wendy's parking lot....:eek:

Matt Meiser
02-13-2009, 9:07 AM
Hopefully finish up the cart I'm building for my metal cutting bandsaw. If i get that done, I'll probably start thinking about getting into my Parks planer.

Art Mulder
02-13-2009, 9:15 AM
Hmm, Watch a movie with the kids. Buy my wife a present or two. Might even step into the shop and start on a serving tray I've been mulling over. :rolleyes:

Last weekend we went to the Great Wolf Lodge (http://www.greatwolf.com/niagara/lodge), so we're keeping this weekend low-key, even though Monday is a holiday here in parts of Canada. Haven't a clue what we're going to do then, only that it definitely involves NOT going to work... :D

Ken Fitzgerald
02-13-2009, 9:16 AM
Tonight the oldest son, granddaughter, and great-granddaughter are coming over for pizza. Tomorrow, my big mouth volunteered to cook supper for my wife. This weekend, I'll finish cleaning the shop and maybe finish turning a HF.

Sonny Edmonds
02-13-2009, 9:20 AM
My Sweethearts Mom had a heart attack yesterday, so I bought her a plane ticket for Valentines day.

She's leaving on a jet plane....
But I know when she'll be back again...

I am scheduled to work this weekend. Special testing going on. So it is just as well she go see Mom. ;)

Jim Becker
02-13-2009, 9:34 AM
Saturday is the normal equestrian activities and then I'm going to have to clean up all the stuff left behind when we lost a large chunk of a big ash tree in the wind (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=104362) the other day. Once that's out of the way, I'll hopefully get back in the shop for further work on my buffet project.

Michael Schumacher
02-13-2009, 10:05 AM
My wife and I are going out tonight - even with the 4-6 of snow they are predicting here in Omaha.

I'm taking half the day today, maybe get some time in the shop, do some cleaning and maybe do some work on the cedar plant boxes - more resawing boards to size and getting final dimensions, which I've been looking forward to.

Saturday - maybe a bit more time in the shop, but not likely I'm guessing - if anything, maybe get things ready for posting on Craigslist to free up shelf space. Afternoon we have a couple coming over to watch the movie "Fireproof"

Sunday will be going to Church - maybe get shop time in the afternoon while the little one has his nap time.

Not really hoping to get much accomplished. Just hope something does.

Michael

Herbert Wallace
02-13-2009, 10:13 AM
Another weekend on the river for me. A little over a week to go on the boat. Lots of projects to start when I get home. One more boat to build lifejacket racks and cabinets for. Will finish up a rocking horse I started for another tug captain. Did my valentine thing before I left for work.
Have a nice weekend ALL.
Herbert

Jim O'Dell
02-13-2009, 11:27 AM
Gotta work 8-12 tomorrow morning. Was my turn last weekend, but swapped with a co-workier that is leaving on vacation tomorrow morning.
LOML hates crowds, so we will put off going out to eat. I have a little more of the damaged slatwall material to cut up and put out for the trash. Have to dole it out little by little because of the weight.:rolleyes: I finished the light fixture reflectors Wed evening after work, so that is off my plate for this weekend, so not sure what I'll do. Maybe just relax and enjoy life for a day and a half!! Jim.

ps. Guess Friday the 13th wasn't bad luck for one guy today. Our dealership was involved with a giveaway. Guy picked up his new truck this morning!! If that's bad luck, bring it on!!!

Barry Nelson
02-13-2009, 6:52 PM
Fires are still ravaging parts of Victoria here in Aus. last count on dead was 181 expected to exceed 300.SIL right in middle of it, has had many sleepless night watching for embers,has been on duty at nursing home getting ready to evacuate ,she is worn out and could do with a decent nights sleep.Red Cross is conducting an appeal and it has raised over $70 million so far.Fires have been burning for a week now and still no end in sight

Fred Voorhees
02-13-2009, 7:02 PM
Busy weekend this week. Did some work today after work in preparation for the weekends woodworking. Continuing the radiator cover project. Will be finishing up the final milling stages and begin to assemble. Saturday night will find me again part of a "Racers Roundtable" discussion which takes place at a local fire company who annually runs a Daytona 500 weekend two day affair as a fund raiser and it is their second most successful fund raiser each year. The roundtable discussion includes myself and another long time auto racing writer along with a track official, an editor of many racing publications up and down the East Coast and a father/son racing team from the area. It's always a good time and it is for a worthy cause. Sunday will find some work in the shop in the morning, but most of the day will be set aside for the Daytona 500 and the guys in the bar room here at home. Another racing season is about to get underway!!!!!!

David Christopher
02-13-2009, 7:09 PM
One of the creekers ( Tony Greenway ) is coming to Pensacola tonight to visit his son in the marine corps and saturday him and his family will come over for burgers, some wood talk and maybe a little turning ( looking forward to meet them ) and then just a normal weekend

Steve Rozmiarek
02-13-2009, 7:40 PM
Holiday!?!?!? Glad you all brought that up! May have been a little doghouse time...

Carlos Alden
02-13-2009, 9:17 PM
Karl:

So where is "The Water Park Capital of the World" exactly?:confused:

Carlos

John Sanford
02-13-2009, 10:10 PM
Hopefully getting the lights on my motorcycle squared away. Since I've finally secured gainful employment again, and sunset still crowds the workday, I'm going to need those lights working!

Aside from that, hope to spray the finish on the Shaker bookcase if the winds cooperate and get it outta the shop and off to its home destination. Mount the lathe and grinder to the new lathe stand, make a couple of shelves for the stand, load it up and possibly put some wiping varnish on it.

May whip up a benchhook or something else quick n easy from my "Shop Projects List" and get going again on my nightstand project.

Nancy Laird
02-13-2009, 10:20 PM
Leaving bright and early tomorrow morning to drive to Oklahoma -- gotta go help nephew clean out his mom's house and get it ready to put on the market. It's gonna be a sad week for us, I'm afraid. So....no woodworking or shop time this weekend, or all next week.

Karl Laustrup
02-14-2009, 7:05 AM
Karl:

So where is "The Water Park Capital of the World" exactly?:confused:

Carlos

Follow this link Carlos and it will tell you all about the "Dells" area.

http://wisdells.com/

Karl

Ken Fitzgerald
02-14-2009, 7:30 AM
Carlos.....Wisconsin Dells is a Chicago and Milwaukee bedroom escape area for young families.

Karl Laustrup
02-14-2009, 10:01 AM
Carlos.....Wisconsin Dells is a Chicago and Milwaukee bedroom escape area for young families.

Don't forget Minneapolis Ken.

Karl