PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Wisconsin

Westley Rosenbaum
02-12-2009, 10:00 PM
Hey everyone just thought I'd stop by and introduce myself. I come from another forum which I greatly enjoy, and upon checkin this one out too, I thought I'd join to see what else is goin on in the world. I am pretty new to turning, but am very interested. So far I've made 3 bowls but really hope to get on top of it and pump some more stuff out. I also do flatwork stuff, but thought I'd say hello in the Turner's Forum 'cause I noticed a few familiar faces. What's up Vaughn, Bernie, Frank F and others! I thought it was pretty cool how you guys have the member interviews on here. Anyway, lookin forward to meeting all you guys and hopefully I can whip some stuff up to share!

David Christopher
02-12-2009, 10:12 PM
welcome to the creek, looking forward to seeing some of your work......we like pictures

Allen Schmid
02-12-2009, 10:18 PM
Welcome Westley,
You will find a great group here, lots of input(if needed) and even more encouragement. Looking forward to seeing some of your work.
From another Wisconsinite,
Allen

Gordon Thompson
02-12-2009, 10:21 PM
Madison myself....i'm new to turning too.....1 bowl just finished, couple dozen pens, and hordes of knockerz.....;)

Ken Fitzgerald
02-12-2009, 10:22 PM
Welcome to the Creek Westley! Wade right in the water's fine!

Steve Schlumpf
02-12-2009, 10:26 PM
Westley - Welcome to the Creek! Glad you found your way over here - lots of great folks and a lot of folks you already know! Looking forward to seeing some of your work real soon!

Bernie Weishapl
02-13-2009, 12:30 AM
Welcome Westley to SMC. Lots of knowledge and good folks here. We like lots of pictures. Can't wait to see some turnings.

Jim Kountz
02-13-2009, 1:31 AM
Hey welcome to the creek, you will like it here. Good friendly folk always willing to lend a hand.

alex carey
02-13-2009, 2:32 AM
welcome and its good to have you. I think Steve Schlump said it best in another topic.
"If there aren't pictures it didn't happen"
Make sure to post pictures :)

Jeff Nicol
02-13-2009, 6:02 AM
Westley, Welcome and I am a fellow Wisconsinite living in Eau CLaire. Seems to be more and more of us cheesheads here on SMC! Post some pics of your creations so we can give them the once over, always some good information from the Vortex!

Jeff

Jim King
02-13-2009, 8:36 AM
Westly: Also welcome from another from Wisconsin. I just happened to slide a bit South a few years ago to the Amazon.

Steve Campbell
02-13-2009, 8:49 AM
wecome Westley, form another Cheesehead. Pictures, Pictures......................

Steve

David Drickhamer
02-13-2009, 12:02 PM
Welcome to the Creek from Milwaukee

Bill O'Conner
02-13-2009, 12:59 PM
Also welcome to the creek from another from the land of Beer and Cheese

Bill

Rich Boehlke
02-14-2009, 12:21 AM
Howdy Westley.
What part of Wisconsin are you located? I spent some time in Eagle River in a previous lifetime. Nice country but COLD!

Westley Rosenbaum
02-16-2009, 12:20 PM
Well thanks for all the kind welcomes everyone. Sorry it took me this long to respond. The other forum I belong to does not have as many members, therefore it moves much slower than this one, I'll have to get use to that :) A couple of you asked where I am in Wisconsin, I live in the Waukesha area. I wasn't expecting so many others to be from Wisconsin! Gotta love it here :) I see you guys like the pictures, I'll get those posted for ya...

This is the first bowl I made, it is from an Elm tree cut down from my backyard

110321 110322

This is the second bowl I made. It is Bloodwood. Man was that stuff tough. I would not have made only my 2nd bowl out of this stuff if I knew beforehand what it was and how dense it was.

And lastly, my 3rd bowl which is Birch. Made this one and sent it in the mail to my girlfriend's Dad who lives about 3 hours away from us. He is a retired carpenter who likes these kinds of things and we try to keep in touch with him as much as possible.

Well thanks for lookin everyone. I hope I can take some more time out to work on my lathe than I did last year. Still have lots to learn! I'll post my flatwork stuff in the section titled "Woodworking Projects"

Kim Ford
02-16-2009, 12:59 PM
Welcome from another cheesehead in the Sheboygan area.

Brian Effinger
02-16-2009, 1:54 PM
Welcome Westley! This is a great place to learn from many talented turners. I can see you are well on your way with those bowls - all three are really good looking.

Brian

Gary Kvasnicka
02-16-2009, 7:36 PM
Welcome Westley, Very nice looking bowls.