PDA

View Full Version : A good bandsaw blade

Dave Norris
02-12-2009, 7:57 PM
Hi Everyone, I just wanted to share that a few months ago I bought a Grizzly 514x2 bandsaw to do some resawing and other things with. I'm a big fan of the bandsaw, and next to my Grizzly shaper, the bandsaw is probably my favorite tool to use. I also bought a 3 tpi Timberwolf blade with the 514. Got it put together, used it a few times with the stock blade, and although it was ok, it wasn't the earthmoving experience Ihad hoped for. Right after that, life got really hectic, and I hadn't had time to put the new blade on. I've used it here and there, and always thought "I need to put that Timberwolf on", mostly so it doesn't get banged up. The stock blade seemed to wander a lot, and making it cut exactly where I wanted it to didn't work out so well. But you know how it is, there's never time to tweak and adjust, just make a quick cut and move on. And it was still definitely better than my old Craftsman bandsaw.

Sunday I finally had some time, so I put the Timberwolf on, and used the saw to roughly scribe some 3/4 oak trim. WOW... now I'm truly impressed. I had heard the stock blade wasn't worth a whole lot more than something to use to set the saw up, but man alive, what a difference. Just thought I'd share that for anyone else out there who may be struggling with a similar problem.