PDA

View Full Version : Help off topic question

aurelio alarcon
07-07-2004, 1:07 AM
I painted around a swimming pool with an epoxy. The problem is that it is slippery when wet. Any suggestions?

David Rose
07-07-2004, 1:13 AM
Aurelio, I am not a pool person, so take this for what it's worth. Could you mix some sand or something slightly abrasive like that in the epoxy and put on another coat? It seems like a pool service might offer something with which to do that. Also, I don't remember the coating that guys put on their garage floors seeming slippery.

David

I painted around a swimming pool with an epoxy. The problem is that it is slippery when wet. Any suggestions?

aurelio alarcon
07-07-2004, 1:52 AM
Aurelio, I am not a pool person, so take this for what it's worth. Could you mix some sand or something slightly abrasive like that in the epoxy and put on another coat? It seems like a pool service might offer something with which to do that. Also, I don't remember the coating that guys put on their garage floors seeming slippery.

DavidThanks Dave. I have just done a search concerning this problem, and I found just what you are talking about. There is an additive for just this purpose. It is a sand that has been washed. Thanks again for your timely response.

Dennis Peacock
07-07-2004, 10:41 AM
Perfect answer there Mr. Rose.!!! ;)

Tyler Howell
07-07-2004, 12:49 PM
I think silika sand is one of the offers. Used it on hanger floors for "all-grip";)

Bob Hovde
07-09-2004, 12:47 PM
You might try adding about half of what the instructions say and do a small area first. I used sand for my front porch (after I slipped on it) and it's a bit of overkill. About half as much would have been good, I think. It tends to get dirty now, since it's so rough.

Bob

aurelio alarcon
07-09-2004, 9:20 PM
I'll keep that in mind Bob.