PDA

View Full Version : Braille

matt heinzel
02-12-2009, 1:54 PM
Two questions
1.Does anyone know of a good forum for support for rotary engravers? Our Roland egx 400 is down and out yet again.

2.Are there any easy ways to engrave the holes for braille using a laser?

Aaron Koehl
02-12-2009, 2:04 PM
Matt,

Lots of active info on these topics in the CNC / Sign forums off the main page.

Gary Hair
02-12-2009, 3:51 PM
Two questions
1.Does anyone know of a good forum for support for rotary engravers? Our Roland egx 400 is down and out yet again.

1.engravingetc.org the best engraving forum you will find!

2. I don't do rotary engraving but someone there can help you with that. I have seen several posts about that on ee.

Gary

Frank Corker
02-12-2009, 4:11 PM
1. engravingetc.org the best engraving forum you will find!

err, I don't think so!!!

George Brown
02-12-2009, 7:24 PM
Two questions

Take a look at http://www.ulsinc.com/english/laser_applications/App_Tips/ADA/Ada.html
It describes how to make braille signs with a laser and accessories. There probably are other ways also.

Steve Clarkson
02-12-2009, 7:37 PM
err, I don't think so!!!

I see they have a 30 day free trial..........

Gary Hair
02-12-2009, 7:42 PM
err, I don't think so!!!

I certainly don't mean any disrespect to SMC, but engraving is a very small part of this forum, it is ALL that is done at EE.

Have you ever been there Frank?

matt heinzel
02-13-2009, 8:17 AM
thanks for all the replies! I will check out the sites and forum info here on SMC!

Frank Corker
02-13-2009, 11:09 AM
I certainly don't mean any disrespect to SMC, but engraving is a very small part of this forum, it is ALL that is done at EE.

Have you ever been there Frank?

Yes I have. I was a member until they decided to charge. It just wasn't as good as here. Which is why I voluntarily make a contribution and remain with this site.