PDA

View Full Version : help downloading files please?

Margaret Turco
02-11-2009, 8:11 PM
I am having trouble downloading cdr files for coreldraw from this website on this computer. My computer is running xp, and I'm using the firefox browser. On a different computer there is no problem at all, so I have some setting wrong but I haven't been able to figure out what is different.

When I download a file, I get the download manager window and everything looks fine. I even have a thumbnail of the file, but I get a message saying Error Reading the file when I try to open it.

I appreciate any suggestions any of you may have. I am only moderately computer savvy so if you tell me I have to do something complicated you will have to be pretty specific. Thank you!

Keith Outten
02-12-2009, 6:27 AM
Margaret,

When using Firefox left click on the file attachment, then select save from the menu box.

Chuck Wintle
02-12-2009, 7:45 AM
I am having trouble downloading cdr files for coreldraw from this website on this computer. My computer is running xp, and I'm using the firefox browser. On a different computer there is no problem at all, so I have some setting wrong but I haven't been able to figure out what is different.

When I download a file, I get the download manager window and everything looks fine. I even have a thumbnail of the file, but I get a message saying Error Reading the file when I try to open it.

I appreciate any suggestions any of you may have. I am only moderately computer savvy so if you tell me I have to do something complicated you will have to be pretty specific. Thank you!
Where in this website do you download cdr files?:D

Margaret Turco
02-12-2009, 10:50 AM
Thank you for replying Keith! That is what I do, but I think my download manager is set up to handle cdr files incorrectly. I'll keep working on it.

Charles, some of the posts in the engravers forum include files.