PDA

View Full Version : Dust Collection on an ROS

Michael O'Sullivan
02-11-2009, 3:50 PM
I finally jerry-rigged some dust collection on my Bosch 6" ROS. Wowee -- what a difference!

The Bosch has an oval shaped port with a couple of protrusions inside, so a regular shop vac adapter would not fit, and I was too cheap/lazy to order one from Bosch.

So I finally found a soft rubber adapter at the Home Depot that sorta fit inside the port. I cut two slices into the adapter to help it flex more easily and fit around the two protrusions. I slipped it in wrapped the connection in duct tape, and, remarkably enough, it seems to work.

Jason White
02-11-2009, 3:59 PM
You might try one of these, too.....

http://www.bobmarinosbesttools.com/product_detail.html?sid=616edcbe445a97cbcf30a7cebd 2235dd&pid=452877

Will fit any shop vac and the flexible rubber boot on the end works on all types of dust ports, regardless of what brand the tool is.

Jason

I finally jerry-rigged some dust collection on my Bosch 6" ROS. Wowee -- what a difference!

The Bosch has an oval shaped port with a couple of protrusions inside, so a regular shop vac adapter would not fit, and I was too cheap/lazy to order one from Bosch.

So I finally found a soft rubber adapter at the Home Depot that sorta fit inside the port. I cut two slices into the adapter to help it flex more easily and fit around the two protrusions. I slipped it in wrapped the connection in duct tape, and, remarkably enough, it seems to work.

Michael O'Sullivan
02-11-2009, 4:04 PM
My version was approximately $52.50 cheaper though ;)

Prashun Patel
02-11-2009, 4:09 PM

Can you post a pic? I've been jacking around with ducttape for way too long on mine!

Chris Holder
02-11-2009, 4:12 PM
I think many of us who cannot afford Festool are trying to find a workable solution here.

Thanks!

Chris Holder

glenn bradley
02-11-2009, 5:04 PM
I just paid $2 for the adapter from CPO Bosch. I am with you on the difference though. My sander picks up more dust than it makes ;-)

Michael O'Sullivan
02-11-2009, 5:35 PM
Here are a couple of pix -- I just used a hacksaw to make a slice perpendicular to the small opening. That allows it to slip inside the port.