PDA

View Full Version : jewelery cabinet

Prashun Patel
02-11-2009, 9:09 AM
I'm trying to find plans or pix of a large jewelery organizer for my wife. Something similar to this:

http://www.stacksandstacks.com/jewelry-closet-wall-mounted/791/2262/

It's a wall cabinet with a full length mirror for a door. Any similar ideas?

Rob Luter
02-11-2009, 9:30 AM
I saw those at the homebuilders show in Orlando last year. They are nothing more than an oversize medicine cabinet. Now granted, they're a large, really nice medicine cabinet, but from a construction perspective they're really no different. The versions I saw either surface mounted or dropped between the studs for a flush mount face.

Lee Schierer
02-11-2009, 1:10 PM
Since they have a photo at their web site and they give you the overall dimensions you can easily "scale" the photo and make your own drawing. You can accurately determine each dimension with ratios. Print the photo as large as you can on a sheet of 8-1/2 X 11" paper. Take a ruler (scale) and measure the height of the box in the photo. Lets say you measure 3-3/8" for the height, they tell you the box is 48" high. This gives you a multiplier of 14.22 for all height dimensions (48/3.375 = 14.22). Determine similar multipliers for the width and depth directions. If you want to know the spacing of the ear ring holders you would measure them and get say 5/8". To find the "real dimension" for this space you solve: Spacing = (14.22 x .625) or 8-7/8". You can do this for any dimension on the photo. Since most photos are taken at an unknown angle to show the item in 3D you need to use the given dimension and corresponding multiplier you dertmine get for that dimension for each of the three dimensions shown in the photo. With a little care and some rounding to the nearest 1/8" or 1/4" you can easily determine every dimension on the item with remarkable accuracy.