PDA

View Full Version : Wine bottle and cheese

bryan henderson
02-10-2009, 8:58 PM
Hello Creekers

I am looking for some help on creating a proper coreldraw file that I can use to engrave onto granite. I am not sure how to convert and if someone has a better pic than what I have attached here and can convert into coreldraw so that I cna try it, it would be greatly appreciated along with some steps on how you did and thru which type of software.

Bryan

Frank Corker
02-10-2009, 9:03 PM
Brian, you will definitely need to add more information than you are supplying. The picture for starters is not sufficient to engrave so that will be the first thing. Secondly, you need to specify what type of machine you use, the wattage and how big you intend to do your engraving.

bryan henderson
02-10-2009, 9:20 PM
Frank
If anyone has a better pic(file) similar to this that would suffice that would be great, I am using this on a Trotec Speedy 300 and would like the size to be 12" square

Frank Corker
02-10-2009, 9:24 PM
Trotec 300 - so what watt is that then?

bryan henderson
02-10-2009, 9:27 PM
my apologies 30 watt and I took your advise and see that some people use Armor all on this prior to engraving granite

Mike Chance in Iowa
02-10-2009, 9:33 PM
Corel has many bottles of wine in their clip art collections.

bryan henderson
02-10-2009, 9:34 PM
mainly looking for a display similar to the sample that I put on here and not just a bottle by itself

Mike Chance in Iowa
02-10-2009, 9:52 PM
Corel has many grapes, cheeses, breads and wine glasses too.

You can easily piece together the graphic you want, and have it in vector format too.

Frank Corker
02-10-2009, 10:06 PM
Okay give these a go. I have included two because the backgrounds are different. Both are ready to go directly into Corel and both 12"x12" square. Only stipulation is to not resize rotate or clip! Photograv recommends 56 speed 100 power. Personally I think that is a little high but you can suck it and see.

Mike Null
02-10-2009, 10:13 PM
I don't do much work with pictures but here is a conversion which may work.

It is simply re-sampled to 300 dpi converted to 8 bit gray scale and auto adjusted.

Steve Eide
02-11-2009, 12:11 AM
I took Mike's picture and ran it through Photograv with a beam spot of 0.005 and 30 watts. I don't know what your machine spot size is so the calc could be off. This is at 66% power and 100% speed. You might want to reduce it and try a portion of the ENG file (a couple of inches by a couple of inches). I enhanced the edges a bit and added some noise to try and pull the objects out of the background. Worked the tone some also, but your image may be a bit too busy for granite.

If I were doing this image I would make the background a patchy plaster wall or something similar. I would also spend time on the trellis and grapes (contrast to pull them out from the wall).

Anyway, if you can get a better image and do the bulk of the work in an image program before Photograv, you would get a better result.

Mike Null
02-11-2009, 6:25 AM
I agree with Steve. I would enhance the highlights as well.

You can do all this fairly easily in PhotoPaint.