PDA

View Full Version : Epilog 36 EXT 60w vs LaserPro GE 60w

Dave Russell Smith
02-10-2009, 6:18 PM
I'am sure this has been brought up many times on this site as well as on other sites. But I'am going to be purchasing one or the other of these machines and wanted to get the hands on advice from people that own these machines, as they both seem to have good reputations. Both companies have been quick to give quotes but I wondered what the back up service is like once you have handed over the hard cash. Any feedback would be great thanks.:D I've had quotes from the Signware house and Innovative cutting systems and both are quite competitive.

Rodne Gold
02-11-2009, 12:37 AM
Merc vs Beemer , chev vs Ford type Q....
My advice is to prioritize the purchase this way
1) The longest bumper to bumper warrantee - ESPECIALLY the tube
2)The guys closest to you for support
3)The guys who ship replacment parts the fastest.
I have 6 Gcc machines , 3 spirits and 3 Explorers , had a ton more issues with my Explorers using DEOs gem tube - almost non with my spirits using Synrad tubes.
But I have no bias to GCC - I would buy again if i was starting fresh based on my fist 3 premises.

David Fairfield
02-11-2009, 9:11 AM
Very happy with my Epilog and the service. Service has always been outstanding, had a couple of minor user error accidents in the first few months of ownership, replacement parts sent overnight, no charge. Very little wait time to talk to a technician, when there is, I leave a message and they call back promptly.

Rodne has all good points. I'd only add that if you forsee a specific type of use for your machine, take a file and a material that you think might "push the envelope" to a rep and have them run it. Compare the results and the run time. Either way you'll have a good machine.

HTH
Dave

Dave Russell Smith
02-11-2009, 3:18 PM
Can you get front access to the laser table on the Legend EXT for larger peices of work i.e cabinet doors like the laserpro ??

Peck Sidara
02-12-2009, 11:22 AM
Dave,

Thank you for considering the Epilog laser. The Legend EXT is a Class 3R laser system. It's completely contained, interlocked and safe for use. The front panel is removable for servicing and/or front loading of parts, if needed.

I'm available offline or online if you have any specific questions on the Legend EXT.

Dave Russell Smith
02-16-2009, 5:26 PM
Does the SmartACT on the Laserpro make much differance ? Now I've got both quotes from the sales reps there is $1000k differance so now its down to the bare bones of the Dollar value on these two machines as they both seem be very similar in build and maybe quality

Bill Cunningham
02-17-2009, 9:00 PM
If there is no 'deciding' difference between the machines, considering the times, I would look at where their made, and keep the folks in North America working..

Rangarajan Saravana kumar
02-22-2009, 12:37 PM
Hi,

The tech support from Epilog is excellent and with the guidance thru online, you can have a lot of things done in case of any problem

Robust machine with simple guidance, kudos to the design team

Regards,
saravanakumar
Epilog 24EX 75w, photograv, flatbedprinter, sublimation , corel X4

Mike DeRegnaucourt
02-22-2009, 7:27 PM
Hi Dave,

I have the Epilog 36 EXT 60w. I've had it about 2 yrs now and not one single problem. I was in the same situation you were in about 2 yrs ago. I was trying to decide between the same brands. My final decision came down to Epilog's support and being made here in the U.S. If you are getting such close quotes between the two brands, I agree with Bill, keep your fellow North American employed. :) I've read several stories from owners of lasers from China and they've encountered delays in getting support. Again, that is just what I've read and I had to take it at face value.

My 2-cents. :)

Good luck with your decision.