PDA

View Full Version : lighting info wanted

James Evans
02-10-2009, 4:33 PM
I have some wall sconces that were made in the 1920's that i am removing from a home that I am in the process of redoing. Just wondering if anyone would have information on where to sell or find the value of these fixtures. Thanks, Jamie

Bob Rufener
02-10-2009, 5:32 PM
I would suggest talking with some local antique dealers to see if they could give you an estimate. If you go to Ebay and put in a search for antique sconces, you may be able to find a comparable.

David G Baker
02-10-2009, 5:37 PM
James,
You may want to consider putting the sconces back in place. There are still a lot of homes in my area of Michigan that still have the lightning rods in place and are still very functional when maintained. There are quite a few buildings and trees hit by lightning every year in my area. I have quite a few tall trees around me so I am reasonably comfortable but still wish I had lightning protection in place just in case.
Flea Bay is worth checking if you want to sell them.

Anthony Scira
02-10-2009, 6:22 PM
These guys are pricey. If your looking to sell them they would be interested. But I am sure they would not give you top dollar.

I would send them a picture of what you have and ask if they have any in stock and get the price

http://www.lahardware.com/