PDA

View Full Version : thejigstore.com Feedback needed

Eric Garner
02-10-2009, 11:11 AM
Has anyone purchased from 'The Jig Store' recently? I need to buy a few Akeda accessories and got a really funny feeling when trying to place an order from their website. When I got to the screen that wanted my credit card number the page had things like "Merchant Name Here" and "This purchase will appear on your credit card statement as
"Sample Descriptor ""

I didn't place the order, but gave them a call and had to leave a message. Still haven't heard back from them. Has anyone else had similar experiences?

Thanks,

Brian MacDonald
02-10-2009, 12:32 PM
I placed an order with them a month or so ago. I received several emails on the status of the order (one item was out of stock and had to ship from another warehouse) The order arrived on time, was well packaged and the only error was that they double shipped a collet reducer.

When I called them and offered to pay for it, they were quite pleasant and told me to keep it with their compliments!

I'd certainly do business with them again.

Eric Garner
02-10-2009, 12:47 PM
A representative from the jig store called me back and they were very helpful. They were aware of the issues with the payment screen and talked me through the order process and verified they got the order.

My items should ship tomorrow.

Thanks,

Eric

Robert Parrish
02-10-2009, 2:47 PM
Eric, I had trouble getting hold of them before. I believe they are located in western Canada. Did you see the Woodcraft post concerning Akeda close out?

Jim Eller
02-10-2009, 6:47 PM
I purchased my DC24 there and it was a very smooth transaction.

Jim