PDA

View Full Version : Tool Review

Tyler Howell
07-05-2004, 9:02 PM
Tool Review
Makita 9032
Belt Sander

I'm not often moved to review a tool but I was most impressed with a new acquisition. I purchased a Makita 9032 belt sander (bs) at the big Mak. Service center. It was a salesman's sample, came with the book, 1 yr parts/labor, and a nice price tag.

I had been thinking about a 1 inch bench model for sometime and it seemed to fill this and other needs. The 9032 is light weight, fits the hand, has adjustable neck to suit your needs. Clamps securely in a vise or to a bench with out deforming the case for bench use.
Variable speed from 980-5600 IPM , sports a fine veneer tracking knob and tension release for adjusting/changing the 3/8 x 21" belts. You can use the platen, capstan or unsupported belt to sand a wide assortment of sizes. and shapes.
I used the 9032 for de burring metal work and back cutting compound miter joints. in red oak molding.
Both operations were smooth, vibration free with plenty of power. The compound miter cuts were small and intricate. I was able to get a good tight fit without a coping saw or needle file. The belt tracked remarkably well. It was only after applying a lot of torque in a tight corner that it became airborne.
The 9032 has a DC port that accommodates a 1" ISD hose. but most of the debris blasts out the front.
Very pleased with this investment, I'd do it again.

Not affiliated with the turquoise folks. I like there stuff, but it clashes with PM Gold!:p

Dennis Peacock
07-05-2004, 9:28 PM
Nice review there Tyler. Looks like a nice sander and could come in handy in a variey of applications. Thanks and nice pics and casework there.! :)

Ken Fitzgerald
07-06-2004, 12:24 AM
Tyler ....nice tool! With your floor mats, I wouldn't think that it would bother you about the blue clashing with the gold! :eek: :D :rolleyes:

Mark Singer
07-06-2004, 12:30 AM
Tyler,
Your putting us on thats a hedge trimmer! So you still work at Makita....

Tyler Howell
07-06-2004, 7:16 AM
You guys! :rolleyes:
Here I am trying to up my quota of pix and improve my ratio of 411 to BS, and this is what I get. Boy oh boy.Can't get no respect.:p

larry merlau
07-06-2004, 8:00 AM
You guys! :rolleyes:
Here I am trying to up my quota of pix and improve my ratio of 411 to BS, and this is what I get. Boy oh boy.Can't get no respect.:p

hey tyler thanks for the laugh with that post about the floor mats had a similar situtation and got lucky to stop the bright ones from coming home with her:)

Rich Konopka
07-06-2004, 8:23 AM
Not affiliated with the turquoise folks. I like there stuff, but it clashes with PM Gold!:p

Hmmmm. PM Gold and Bie.......... on the TS Fence???? Nahhhh It must be an illusionary effect with the pic.

Tyler Howell
07-06-2004, 9:07 AM
Rick, That's the old Cman! wanna buy it?? Speak before the 20lbs sledge gets there.:p Besides, table's not shiny enough for PM

Hmmmm. PM Gold and Bie.......... on the TS Fence???? Nahhhh It must be an illusionary effect with the pic.