PDA

View Full Version : Vector Art of Compound Bow

Stephen Beckham
02-09-2009, 10:35 PM
Anybody out there have a compound bow vector? Got a buddy who needs it for his vinyl cutter. We have a hunter's expo coming up and he's going to make a couple bows on white for the car windows...

Thanks in advance...

Mike Null
02-10-2009, 7:54 AM
Steve

I'm not really sure what a compound bow is but this might work.

Frank Corker
02-10-2009, 8:15 AM
So much stuff out there on compound bows (not). Hope there is something in here that you can use.

Stephen Beckham
02-10-2009, 8:47 AM
Thanks...

Just for the record Mike - I uploaded a photo of a compound bow. Not that I'm much of a source on them, I don't even know what they call the simple long bow (probably just that). The compound uses pulleys or eccentric wheels to double or triple the load strength of the string. Allows for a faster FPS of the arrow and further distances that can be achieved. I"m not sure how fine his vinyl cutter can make the lines - or at least leave enough meat of vinyl to stick to a window.

Thanks again for your files - I'm going to pass both to Gerry so he can see which he would like to use. He might want a couple different models to put on the table. You know how people have different taste and might want different things on the back window of their pickup...

I'm considering setting up a booth with my gun stock samples and the acrylic cutouts of the big game hunt mammals these guys like to kill...

Take care...

James Rambo
02-10-2009, 6:55 PM
I used to work for (30 years ago after my Army days) a small company on Long Island that made bows (and cut arrows for the local hunters). We made mostly recurve bows of varying pull weight and lengths. The compound bows are made so the the limbs (each end) of the bow can be taken off for storage. Also, different limbs of different pull weights can be used. Many accessories have been made for all types of bows, ballancers, quills, sights etc. . I don't use them but it was fun to learn of all the parts (at the time). We also made the cheap fiberglass bows for kids and beginners for S&H green stamps, J.C. Penny, and a few others.