PDA

View Full Version : Mounting DW618 to router table

Michael Ballent
07-05-2004, 11:56 AM
Since I am stuck at work applying patches to a computer system and they take forever to apply I have a question regarding the Dewalt 618 routers.... I want to attach it to a Rockler plate that I used for my other router that is now living on the Legacy mill. I am thinking of using the fixed base to attach it to the plate, but I see 2 sets of holes. One set is currently holding the sub base and is made up of 4 holes the other set is made up of 3 holes... not sure which is the correct one to use. Also on my only other router (Fein RT-1800) the screws to attach the router to table are huge compared to the ones used to connect to the sub-base so this is confusing my as well. Are those tiny screws enough to attach the router to a table.

Jim Becker
07-06-2004, 5:42 PM
You can use either set of holes...you remove the sub-base anyway when you mount in a table. The screws themselves are "strong" enough, but are not necessary "long" enough...they also have those nice rounded Torx heads. I'd replace them with flat-head screws of the appropriate threading and length as well as your prefered format. (square drive/Robertsen, Phillips, etc.)

Michael Ballent
07-06-2004, 7:46 PM
Ok cool :D I did notice that the existing screws were not even flat head screws and Torx for that matter... Oh well looks like a another trip to Ace Hardware... The Borg never seems to have the screws and nuts I need and I have to buy them by the 5 or 3 pack when I only need 4 or 8... Make me think that they are in cahoots with the hotdog bun vendors, always left with that lonely bun sitting there without a purpose :D Thanks for the help Jim.