PDA

View Full Version : Buffer

jack duren
02-08-2009, 5:26 PM
We did a 230" tellers line for a bank in cherry. We usually use Sherwood T77 F32 catalized lacquer. But because of the delay in getting the product we decided to go with Sherwood T67 F3 vinyl sealer and a T75 F17 Cab-Acrylic lacquer.

I was forced to spray the final coat on last tuesday night and deliver on Wed. Architect declined the finish, orange peel. So now I'm in a bind as the tellers line is now installed.

Any suggestion on buffing this out? New problem for me. Considered a buffer but never really looked into one.

David Christopher
02-08-2009, 5:40 PM
Jack, if you fave a good buffer ( not orbital ) you can use automotive compound ( course, medium, fine ) then wax and it will be flat and shine like new money

jack duren
02-08-2009, 6:25 PM
I dont have a buffer at all. I would like to have a small one around 3" but for this job it will require a full size one. An area I'm not familiar with is which or what to buy.....

David Christopher
02-08-2009, 6:34 PM
Hitachi makes a nice one. what ever you decide make sure it is varible speed

David Hawxhurst
02-10-2009, 8:22 AM
instead of investing in a buffer, pads and compounds you might consider finding a mobile detailer in your area that could buff it for you. i'd do it for you but i'm not local to you.