PDA

View Full Version : Alternative to flame polishing

Bob Cole
02-08-2009, 5:17 PM
Frank and others inspired me to try my hand at flame polishing. Too bad my hand is too burned now to do anything else:rolleyes:

The technique of flame polishing takes practice and skill. Since practicing, my skill has gotten worse so I decided to go a different route. I had 10 acrylic signs to make and my time was getting short so found that you can get excellent results with polishing/buffing.

Here are the steps:

Use Cast acrylic and leave paper on as long as possible.

1. When cutting with the laser, make sure the edge lines are as fine as possible with settings. This will save time later.
2. Depending on the the ridges you have on your acrylic, you may be able to skip using low grit sand paper. Start with 220grit dry and sand the edges making sure to use a lighter touch and smooth motions.
3. Change to 400grit wet/dry and make sure acrylic and sand paper is wet and wet often. You will notice the edges look hazy (this is normal). Check to make sure there are no engraving lines by drying the edges with a towel/cloth. Make sure all lines are not visible and the entire area has the hazy look. I didn't notice a big difference going to 600 wet then continuing on the process so you can save yourselve the 600 wet.
4. Depending on the thickness of the acrylic, you can use a buffing wheel or a dremel with a buffing wheel on it.
5. Using a slower speed and buffing compound for acrylic (blue stick). I used Eazypower Plastic compound (model 81031). Move across the edge of the acrylic. Make sure you have enough compound on the wheel.
6. Within a few seconds you should start to see the edge clear up. Make sure the speed of the wheel is slow as to not heat up and cause melting to occur. I used a dremel at 15,000rpm.
7. The difficult part for me about this is knowing how much compound to use and when to change buffing wheels. The dremel ones are cheap so would expect a buffing wheel will work much better.

I found you can use this technique for the surface also. The signs required routing one edge for a slate piece. Once the routing marks were sanded away, the polishing took it to a clear finish that you couldn't tell it was machined.

The first image is just polishing without sanding first. Although the results are not great, for some things it would work fine. The second picture is sanding then polishing.

Frank Corker
02-08-2009, 6:06 PM
Good job you made there Bob, I'd already been down that road you've taken, it was hard going though and very time consuming.

Rodne Gold
02-09-2009, 1:47 AM
You can buy a micro flame polisher using H + O2 for round about $250. It will pay for itself in no time flat if you go that labour intensive route. (2800 degree clean small flame)
http://www.diytrade.com/china/4/products/2557981/Flame_polisher.html

We make thick perspex awards , 1-2" thick , we were polishing edges by succesive papering and then mechanical polishing...(PS the secret is to use a hard straight edge steel to scrape the edges before any sanding) and it was a nightmare.
We now sand blast the edges of these awards and the result is far more pleasing and about 10x easier.

Dan Hintz
02-09-2009, 6:55 AM
You can buy a micro flame polisher using H + O2 for round about $250. It will pay for itself in no time flat if you go that labour intensive route. (2800 degree clean small flame)
http://www.diytrade.com/china/4/products/2557981/Flame_polisher.html

Great price... if you want three of them :( Anyone want to split an order? :)

Rodne Gold
02-09-2009, 8:37 AM
There is a cheaper model with only 1 nozzle and lower gas output for about 2/3rd of the price
the FP-103A

Frank Corker
02-09-2009, 9:16 AM
I most certainly agree with Rodney regarding it paying for itself, even in time spent alone. The results from smooth finish is far superior and it's made my customers a lot happier with the results.

Jack Harper
02-09-2009, 3:59 PM
Dan - I want to get one. Find one more and we are ready to order. I will even front the order and ship accordingly.

Frank - Is that temp the same as yours? For some reason I was thinking yours ran hotter than that.

Bob Cole
02-09-2009, 6:51 PM
Rodne,

Can you fill us in on the sand blasting technique? When I was looking for other ways to finish the signs, I didn't come across that.

I don't do a lot of acrylic work so polishing using the buffing method worked well. I was not able to get those kind of results with the handheld torch. Having the right kind of equipment for the job is my problem.

Thanks for the posts.

Mike Christen
02-09-2009, 8:01 PM
Great price... if you want three of them :( Anyone want to split an order? :)

Dan, I would go in and get one too. Let me know what u find out.

Dan Hintz
02-09-2009, 8:03 PM
Dan - I want to get one. Find one more and we are ready to order. I will even front the order and ship accordingly.
Jack,

I'm up for it... just let me know my portion, including shipping, and I'll send it along to you. I assume PayPal is acceptable? :) Maybe we should post a separate thread on this (assuming it doesn't violate the board's TOS)? EDIT: Oops, looks like Mike is interested, so that makes three :D

Anyone else interested in a flame polisher? This deal beats the $700-$800 units I've seen as being available in the US by a long shot!

bob pfohler
02-09-2009, 8:26 PM
I want one too!

Dan Hintz
02-09-2009, 8:27 PM
FYI... the minimum order listed on that particular page is likely negotiable. I searched on this unit further and quickly found a site that listed the min order as 2, followed by this one with a min order of 1:
http://shgoldensign.manufacturer.globalsources.com/si/6008824352507/pdtl/Rubber-processing/1007915525/Micro-Flame-Polisher.htm

James Stokes
02-09-2009, 8:48 PM
I would be interested in one.

Jack Harper
02-09-2009, 9:45 PM
Rodney - Have you done business with these guys and if so, did the transaction go as promised?

Separately, Can anyone tell what tips, if any, come with the unit or what voltage is required?

Ron Thompson
02-09-2009, 11:06 PM
Dan,

I think I'd be interested in one also.

Ron Thompson

Anthony Scira
02-09-2009, 11:12 PM
Is there a quantity discount ?

And I wonder how much shipping is

Ron Thompson
02-09-2009, 11:15 PM
I just checked ebay and auction #290293269994 has one of these for $799 plus $80 shipping. S this is a really good price.

Ron

Rodne Gold
02-10-2009, 12:10 AM
Never done business with em , the reasonI found it on the internet was cos a local company in South Africa sent me an e-mail offering the $220 one at the princely sum of $1200 + 14% VAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I thought that outrageous , but if guys here are offering them for sale they obviously work.

As to the sandblasting method , we only use it on the very thick perspex awards. We saw cut them or CnC shape them with the plastic masking on both sides , scrape the edges to get any obviousl saw/mill marks off and merely sandblast the edges after - works real well and actually looks better than the polished edges.

Bill Morrison
02-10-2009, 4:40 AM
I'd be willing to get one. Are there 6 of us? Just let me know my share and how you prefer to get the money.

Bill

Jack Harper
02-10-2009, 10:42 AM
I have sent in inquiry for pricing FOB Denver. I will see what the response is an whether they will do FOB Denver. If not, I will have to have them shipped and hire an import company to clear them through customs. I have done this many times, it is usually the shipping within the states that is the highest. The last shipment I brought in from China was 50 slabs of my 8MM laser mural granite and it only cost me $258 dollars from China to the US, but $2500 from California to Denver. I will let everyone know what I find out.

Dan Hintz
02-10-2009, 1:02 PM
Thanks for taking care of this, Jack. Once this is done (and you're amenable to it), I'd love to know your process for having things shipped from China (fees, who you go through for shipping/port, how you speak to the companies who do not offer English-speaking contacts, etc.)

Bob Cole
02-10-2009, 1:15 PM
I am interested also depending on shipping. It cost me $500 to ship my laser freight from AZ to Spokane, WA so not sure what the total cost of this will be.

Chip Peterson
02-10-2009, 2:03 PM
I would also be interested in getting in on the group buy if still possible.

Jack Harper
02-10-2009, 5:02 PM
I will do a last call when we have numbers and are ready to pull the pin for the order. Anyone else interested should just post their interest and I will re-verify with them before ordering. I should here when China wakes up in few hours.

Ron Thompson
02-10-2009, 5:52 PM
Jack,

I'd like to order one of these for our shop also. Just let me know what the cost is (please include shipping to 95131) and I'll send you the money.

Thanks ................. Ron Thompson

Ron Thompson
signguy.ron@gmail.com
1803 Wintersong Court
San Jose, CA 95131
(866) 739-8447

Deane Shepard
02-11-2009, 10:09 AM
I would be interested.

Deane Shepard

Jack Harper
02-11-2009, 1:17 PM
Here is the response I recieved from the company on the polishers. Please note that there will be import taxes on top of the fees shown. I will need to know from everyone which model they want.

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your inquiry on Flame Polisher!

Flame Polisher is a very useful tool to polisher acrylic sheet, metal, diamond, etc jewelry, and it is very easy to operate. I attached the catalogue for your reference.

Dear Sir, model FP-103A is with one torch, price is $230/set FOB Shanghai. According to our sales experience, FP-202 is very popular and sell very well. It is with three torches, they can work together, the price is $385/set FOB Shanghai.

The sea freight from Shanghai to Denver is $125 (6 sets Polishers).

Dear friend, which model do you prefer to order?

Looking forward to your early reply.

Thanks and regards,
Ronny Nie

Dan Hintz
02-11-2009, 1:33 PM
Since it's just little ol' me, I'm going to say the FP-103A is fine for me. $20-$30/unit FOB seems quite reasonable, considering it will probably cost more to send it within the US! Jack, in your experience, can you make a guesstimation on what the import fees might be? I'm only used to PCBs being shipped in, so the fees are inclusive of FedEx/UPS shipping fees (shipping of a pound of PCBs from China costs me about $30-$40).

Looks like we'll be getting these for <$300 :)

James Stokes
02-11-2009, 2:04 PM
Yes I think the 103a would work for me also.

Kim Vellore
02-11-2009, 5:39 PM
Just FYI Sea freight might take a long time from 21 days up to 6 months and you will have to pay any other fees in the middle if it was unloaded or stored in a warehouse.

Kim

Andrea Weissenseel
02-11-2009, 6:32 PM
I tried to flame polish with one of those little lighter gas filled thingis - well didn't work out too well. I guess I have to try a lot more often :(

so I tried the method this thread started with. I cut 8mm, black acrylic, and even though at a very low speed - 0.2 - the edges are not very well. So I sanded it down starting with 240 dry and then 400 wet. To get it polished I tried with a cotton-cloth buffing wheel and polishing wax and it worked out pretty well. I also tried with acrylic polish & repair paste instead of the buffing wheel, and this worked out real good and fast.

I'll post some pictures once my camera is back on power - if your interested

Andrea

Frank Corker
02-11-2009, 6:49 PM
I'll post some pictures once my camera is back on power - if your interested

Would be nice to see your results

James Rambo
02-11-2009, 7:40 PM
Is this machine creating hydrogen for fuel to be burned?

Features:Micro Flame Polisher produces the high temperature micro flame by combustion of hydrogen which is generated by electrolyzing water.
1) simple and easy to use.
2) "fuel" is water (distilled) which is easy to obtain and safe.

Dave Johnson29
02-11-2009, 7:54 PM
Is this machine creating hydrogen for fuel to be burned?

Er, what machine? :):)

I did a search on a length of text you quoted and came up with this...
http://tinyurl.com/bu6k89

Is that it? If so, yup. It breaks water down to Hydrogen and Oxygen, then leaves them combined as a gas (called Brown's gas, or HHO) then uses that as the fuel. I think Frank has one of them or very similar.

bob pfohler
02-11-2009, 8:21 PM
I would like one also.

Chip Peterson
02-11-2009, 8:34 PM
I would like the 103A also. Afterall, I only have two hands and one has to hold the fire extinguisher!

Frank Corker
02-11-2009, 9:13 PM
My machine looks almost identical, except prettier (ok it's just plain white) and it only has one tube coming out with a flame arrestor on it. That one seems to have three.....(who knows why). It is hydrogen it creates. The flame goes from miniscule about 1/8" wide x 1/2" in length to about 2 1/2" long but still only 1/8" wide. Believe me this sucker gets HOT, however turn it off and you can touch the nozzle so the heat is really well directed and away from the torch. The nozzles on the smaller side are actually metal hypodermic needles which gives you an idea of how thin it gets.

Chip Peterson
02-11-2009, 9:23 PM
I just had a thought. Do we know the voltage requirement for this polisher?

Ron Thompson
02-11-2009, 9:34 PM
The FP-103A is fine for me also.

Ron Thompson
San Jose

Dan Hintz
02-11-2009, 9:56 PM
I'm in no rush... :p

Scott Shepherd
02-11-2009, 10:10 PM
I'd like to sign up for the second batch :p Maybe :D

Jack Harper
02-11-2009, 10:25 PM
I just had a thought. Do we know the voltage requirement for this polisher?

I asked this question but did not get an answer. I just re-posted the question and will let you know. I will plan on closing the order requests on Monday and proceed with confirming with each of you and then placing the order. Yes, this will probably take a while, usually about 6 weeks. It can take well over a week for a foreign wire transfer to post. The good news is, if you want to see it this way, the ports are not busy and ships are loading and unloading very quickly. I have a tenant in my building that imports about 250K hats a month from china and his shipments have been running about 10 days early.

Chip Peterson
02-12-2009, 8:03 AM
< Note to self...you must pursue that dream of getting into the hat business!! >

Jack Harper
02-12-2009, 10:30 AM
< Note to self...you must pursue that dream of getting into the hat business!! >

Kind of a sad or typical story really. When I met this company they were trying to get out of their old building as they could no longer compete manufacturing the hats here in the US. The building had row after row of empty sewing machines and a sad drooping American flag on the wall. It sort of said it all. They had to move to an overseas manufacturer or go out of business.

Jack Harper
02-12-2009, 10:32 AM
OK, here is the response I received in regards to the power, it may take some out of the running as it is 220V.

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your prompt reply!

FP-103A, 220V, 450W, 50-60HZ
FP-202, 220V, 1000W, 50-60HZ

If you accept CIF price, you would not pay any shipping charge outside USA. We pay for you in China.
Of couse, if you only buy one or very few Flame Polishers, we advise you choose air transportation. It is really a very small machine.

By the way, do you use Flame Polisher to polish acrylic sheet? Do you need relative machines, such as Laser Engraving machine, CNC router, Acrylic Bending machine?
More information about these machines, pls kindly visit www.sign-machine.com (http://www.sign-machine.com/)

I hope to get your trial order soon :)

Thanks and regards,
Ronny Nie

Chip Peterson
02-12-2009, 11:05 AM
That's funny. Great upselling there. "Sir, since you are buying a $230 flame polisher, could I also interest you in a new $40,000 CNC machine?"

Even with 220V, I'm still in.

Andrea Weissenseel
02-12-2009, 12:20 PM
this was the best picture I was able to take from it. The middle line is because I glue two of them together. Afterall I wish I could flame polish :D

When you sand it, are you sanding with a machine or by hand ?

Andrea

Dan Hintz
02-12-2009, 3:46 PM
I'm still in. Once I get a hold of a machine I'll look into reconfiguring it to 120V... it may require a new transformer, but probably not much more. If it's an easy job, I could provide instructions for others.

Frank Corker
02-12-2009, 4:14 PM
It's exciting isn't it????? I just can't to see your burned stuff.

Bob Cole
02-12-2009, 4:17 PM
I don't have enough power to handle another 220 circuit so guess I am out. I need to upgrade my panel anyway but not prepared to do that yet.:(

I used the "by hand" method of sanding.

Chip Peterson
02-12-2009, 4:54 PM
I'm still in. Once I get a hold of a machine I'll look into reconfiguring it to 120V... it may require a new transformer, but probably not much more. If it's an easy job, I could provide instructions for others.

If you can do that Dan, count me in as one who needs the instructions. I'll need a bunch of help!

James Stokes
02-12-2009, 5:52 PM
Can you see if they will change them to 110, It might be real simple for them to switch them over.

Brent Endsley
02-12-2009, 6:27 PM
I am very interested too. Just let me know the total to ship to zip 43812.

Thanks

Jack Harper
02-12-2009, 7:43 PM
I have asked about a 110v configuration, however, given the watt rating on the current power supplies, it may be a long shot. As promised, I will be checking with each of you individually via PM on Monday. I would like to take a moment and stress I am doing this a favor to the group and as such, I am not "selling" the units and therefore not making any representations or warranties on them. I believe this is the classic buyer beware scenario. You guys know just as much as I do about these units. So please, think carefully before confirming with me on Monday. I will not collect any funds until I have the units in my hands and are ready to ship. If anyone wants me to use their shipping account they can let me know at that time. Should anyone back out after the order is placed, please let me know as soon as possible so I may post a request to the wood forum guys to begin construction of the "wood shed".

Jack Harper
02-12-2009, 10:10 PM
OK, I just heard from our new best friend in China regarding the voltage change. Yes, they can do it, but (you knew there had to be a but), a minimum order of 10 is required and all the models would have to be the same. Thoughts?

Mike Christen
02-12-2009, 10:27 PM
Im still in, the FP-103A would be fine for my needs.

Deane Shepard
02-12-2009, 11:56 PM
The smaller model would be my choice, but only in 110V. If there is not enough interest to get the 10 units in 110V, I would have to drop out. Just can't do the 220 right now.

Deane Shepard

Frank Corker
02-13-2009, 7:44 AM
OK, I just heard from our new best friend in China regarding the voltage change. Yes, they can do it, but (you knew there had to be a but), a minimum order of 10 is required and all the models would have to be the same. Thoughts?

Boy this guy is taking the micky isn't he, now it's a minimum of 10! I'm sure you guys have to be able to get an American made/built machine at a better deal. If you were to buy 10 they would give you a really good discount, plus you would have no shipping costs, no import duty. Seriously.

Chip Peterson
02-13-2009, 9:06 AM
I've made an inquiry to the following. Note that they are already 110V. I requested information by tomorrow, but we'll see if they come through.

Just an alternative in case we need it.

http://displays.en.ec21.com/Water_Torch_Flame_Polisher_600W--2105155_2105166.html

James Stokes
02-13-2009, 10:25 AM
I am in if it is 110.

Jack Harper
02-13-2009, 10:32 AM
Boy this guy is taking the micky isn't he, now it's a minimum of 10! I'm sure you guys have to be able to get an American made/built machine at a better deal. If you were to buy 10 they would give you a really good discount, plus you would have no shipping costs, no import duty. Seriously.

Frank - you may be right, however, I have looked and can't find a deal as good as you got. Most of the ones I find here are close to or over 1K. This guy will sell a minimum of three as advertised, just not with the power modifications. For that he wants the 10 minimum.

Separately, this guy said the units would be built within 10 days of receipt of payment and shipping usually takes about 20 days to Denver. So best case scenario would be a month.

Rodne Gold
02-13-2009, 10:38 AM
Frank - what would your machine cost if you had to build 10 , wouldn't it be worth your while?

Bob Cole
02-13-2009, 10:39 AM
I am interested in the 110 version.

Frank Corker
02-13-2009, 11:13 AM
Frank - what would your machine cost if you had to build 10 , wouldn't it be worth your while?

I'm sure it would. I just wish I knew how to make them!

Dan Hintz
02-13-2009, 2:19 PM
Jack, if there are few buyers of the 220V version, it may behoove us to pick up just three and let me take a look at one first. If the conversion to 120V is simplistic, it may prove worthwhile to pick them up as is and modify.

Jack Harper
02-13-2009, 3:07 PM
Jack, if there are few buyers of the 220V version, it may behoove us to pick up just three and let me take a look at one first. If the conversion to 120V is simplistic, it may prove worthwhile to pick them up as is and modify.

Dan, that ma be the way to go, however, I am not sure we will have a problem. I have not gone back through the post to add up the number yet but I think so long as everyone is OK with the 110v system, we should be good. I am thinking of getting a couple extra and placing them on Ebay. After all, look what they are selling for now. Even at $400 or $500, it would be a good price. I haven't decided so we will see come Monday.

Rodne Gold
02-13-2009, 4:04 PM
the real cheap way
http://www.wonderhowto.com/how-to/video/how-to-build-a-hydrogen-generator-167536/

Anthony Welch
02-13-2009, 4:52 PM
Hey Rodney,

Was this video put on the web in memory of the guy who did it:eek:

Anthony

Chris Hanson
02-15-2009, 2:23 PM
I'd be interested as well. Any idea what they weigh? If too heavy, I may have to have mine barged from Seattle.

Thanks for putting this together.

Chris

Erik King
02-15-2009, 9:06 PM
Please let me know if you decide to place the order as I would be interested in participating as well.

Thanks!

Jack Harper
02-16-2009, 1:10 PM
OK, I have sent the following people a PM for order confirmation. Please look over the message and respond with a yes or no. If I have missed anyone, please PM me and let me know. Thanks.

Dan Hintz
Mike Christen
Bob pfohler
James Stokes
Ron Thompson
Anthony Scira

Bill Morrison
Bob Cole
Chip Peterson
Deane Shepard
Scott Shepherd
Brent Endsle
Chris Hanson
Erik King

myself

Frank Corker
02-16-2009, 4:41 PM
I haven't even finished making my first one yet!

AL Ursich
02-16-2009, 5:01 PM
I am interested.....

AL:eek:

Jack Harper
02-16-2009, 8:29 PM
Al - send me a PM opting in and I will add you to the list.

Separately, just so everyone is on the same page, I am ordering these as 110v systems with the single torch head. Specifically, I am ordering model FP-103A.

Ron Thompson
02-17-2009, 12:02 AM
Dan,

These arn't 110 volt units?

Ron Thompson

Frank Corker
02-17-2009, 5:06 AM
Ron if you read through the thread again, Jack is ordering them in number and they are being converted before they are delivered.

Dan Hintz
02-17-2009, 11:22 AM
These arn't 110 volt units?
Ron,

The units are normally sold as 220V. When the initial # of buyers was only 3-4, conversion was necessary if you wanted to use them on 120V (though they could still be used on a 220V plug, if you had one available). Now that we have more than 10, the company will do the conversion for us at no cost.

Jack Harper
02-17-2009, 12:00 PM
Yep, Frank and Dan got it right.

Separately, I am still waiting to here from ,James Stokes, Bill Morrison, Bob Cole & Chris Hanson. If you guys could repond on way or the other, that would be great. Thanks.

Jack Harper
02-20-2009, 3:47 PM
OK everyone, here is the final list of those I am ordering polishers for:

Myself, Bob pfohler, Ron Thompson, Anthony Scira, Mike Christen, Dan Hintz, Erik King, Chip Peterson, Brent Endsley, Al Ursich, James Stokes

And those that said they wanted one but never responded and hence are not currently included in the order:
Bill Morrison & Chris Hanson

I will PM each of you next week as to payment instructions. If I have missed anyone or have erroneously included someone, please let me know ASAP. Thank you.

Dan Hintz
03-27-2009, 5:48 PM
Bumpity bumpity :)

Trying not to let this one slide too far down the list. I'm anxious to get mine in so I can play... I have a few ideas I'd like to try :cool:

I assume no word on a ship date yet, Jack?

Jack Harper
03-27-2009, 6:49 PM
They are supposed to be on the ship next week, slowly bobbing their way to our eager hands.

Mike Christen
03-28-2009, 8:32 AM
They are supposed to be on the ship next week, slowly bobbing their way to our eager hands.

Cool, can't wait to try it out

Mark Beito
04-06-2009, 10:05 PM
I am thinking of getting a couple extra and placing them on Ebay.

Sorry to be late to the party, but I just ran across this thread. Might there be any of these units unspoken for? We could use one.

Jack Harper
04-07-2009, 8:38 PM
Sorry to be late to the party, but I just ran across this thread. Might there be any of these units unspoken for? We could use one.

Sorry, but ship has sailed, both figuratively and literally. If you are serious, you might post your desire to take someones place in case they have a change of heart for the one they ordered.

AL Ursich
04-07-2009, 10:32 PM
Mike,

Does your Summit have the XP Driver Board? I have one with the very old firmware and runs on Win 95.

Was looking at the conversion board for anywhere from $700 to $1K

I have not played with it yet... Too many toys not enough time...

AL

Dan Hintz
04-23-2009, 12:14 PM
This is coming at the perfect time, as I need to come up with some "unique" project ideas... I hope I have an email at home telling me my final bill :D

Rob Slaughterbeck
05-03-2009, 6:01 PM
Dang, talk about a day (or few months) late. Heck of a price. If anyone backs out, please let me know as I sure could use one.

Rob

Mike Christen
05-03-2009, 6:24 PM
Mike,

Does your Summit have the XP Driver Board? I have one with the very old firmware and runs on Win 95.

Was looking at the conversion board for anywhere from $700 to $1K

I have not played with it yet... Too many toys not enough time...

AL

Hi Al

Sorry for the late reply, I just saw it. Yes my summit has the newer xp firmware. Wow the coversion board is expensive.

For a machine that is 15years old it sure works great, the only problem is vector cutting any kind of radius. I have adjusted speeds and add vector nodes helping some but still not great

AL Ursich
05-03-2009, 9:43 PM
Mike,

Thanks for the reply and heads up. I had heard that too about Vector Cutting.

I keep asking because someday I will find one is someone's store room....

I also have the very oldest firmware so I believe I can only use Win 95. And later versions of the Firmware can use Win 98 and ME.

But still not sure... Never fired it up.... Too many irons in the fire.... One man shop... Price was right.

Thanks,:rolleyes:

AL

Bill Jermyn
06-03-2009, 1:06 PM
As a side note to the original post, I find that to remove melt from the bottom of acrylic, sanding with 600 wet/dry followed by Silvo works pretty well.

Robert Silvers
07-30-2013, 1:15 AM
Seems like everyone flame polishes with an ordinary gas torch rather than a hydrogen generator. Is there some reason to get a $250+ hydrogen generator?

Rodne Gold
07-30-2013, 2:40 AM
Much higher and normally more localised heat which stops overheating the whole piece and no byproducts barring H20 to mess with the edge-- they just work well. If you want to do any modicum of production polishing , buy the right tool , if you just want to do the odd piece now and then , gas is fine.