PDA

View Full Version : wobble in Oneida filter?

Bernie May
02-08-2009, 10:20 AM
Guys-
Just set up my 2.5 HP Oneida unit and noticed that the end of the filter unit wobbles a bit. Normal? Or should I be tightening something up more. I have the cyclone mounted on the floor stand which is bolted to the floor.
thanks.
-bernie

Ken Fitzgerald
02-08-2009, 10:24 AM
Bernie,

I have my 3 HP Oneida bolted to the wall and I see no wobble in the filter. I would check the filter mounting for tightness and then I would place my my hand on the DC housing with the motor running and see if I felt any unsusual vibration. With it bolted to the floor, I wouldn't expect to see anything other than the filter loose.

John Keeton
02-08-2009, 10:31 AM
Like Ken, my 2.5 is bolted to the wall and I get no vibration or wobble anywhere. Something is loose somewhere.

Sonny Edmonds
02-08-2009, 10:45 AM
Oh...
You better be checking around.
Sounds like it got into your liqueur supply.
I wobble when I do that. :p

Jamie Delker
02-10-2009, 4:53 PM
Hi Bernie,
Good advice from the guys here.

I can think of a couple of things that might be the problem (depending on the extent of the wobble), but I can't really offer any "official" advice on possible mechanical problems, as I'm not an engineer and not technically qualified to do so.

If you can't stop the wobble, I would advise you to give us a call as soon as you can during our business hours, and someone will be on hand to help you troubleshoot the problem. We have people here until 6pm EST M-Th, until 5pm on Fridays. 800-732-4065

Thanks,
Jamie Delker
Oneida Air Systems