PDA

View Full Version : Darn Rain anyway!

Sonny Edmonds
02-07-2009, 5:10 PM
So it's been raining for a couple of days and at times gully washing.
But the sun managed to peek through long enough to finish last weekend's project this morning, putting down laminate flooring in the entire RV and the molding and reworking the entry steps. Lovely! My aching knees and back, thank goodness for drugs!
So there, that is done. :rolleyes:

So I begin to try and finish the air compressor replacement in the side compartment, one of two I claimed for my rolling shop.
And wouldn't you know it, the heavens open up and the world (OK, my little world) flooded.
ARGH! I don't mind the rain, don't get me wrong. I just want it to be on MY schedule.
No raining allowed on weekends!
LOL! :D

Could be worse I guess. Could be snow.

Well it stopped now. Watch me get it started again by sticking my head out the door. :rolleyes:

Well, it should help grow brush for the upcoming fire season. :eek:

Bruce Page
02-07-2009, 7:48 PM
We are greatly looking forward to the remnants of your aggravation! :D
The last time we had any decent precip was last November.

David G Baker
02-07-2009, 11:41 PM
Sonny,
I would gladly send you some of the weather we have had over the past month or so here in Mid Michigan.
Earlier today it was raining inside of my lean-to. The outside temp was very close to 50 (for the first time in months), the temp inside the lean-to was in the low 30s due to the shade and ice that had formed from some of the run off from the snow melt. The door knob going into my small barn was covered with condensation and the metal siding under the lean-to was as wet as I had ever seen it.

Leo Voisine
02-09-2009, 10:08 PM
So what is wrong with Snow?

It's nice and warm in the pictures ya know.

Hiya Sonny how ya doing?

Sonny Edmonds
02-10-2009, 2:44 AM
Normal.
Whatcha up to Leo?
I'm still floating around like a f__t in an elevator. :p

Rick Potter
02-10-2009, 3:01 AM
4 1/4" this week in Upland, Sonny. Snow is on the mountains where it belongs, but down almost to two thousand feet elevation on my side of the hills.

Rick Potter

Leo Voisine
02-10-2009, 9:53 AM
Normal.
Whatcha up to Leo?
I'm still floating around like a f__t in an elevator. :p

same old same old

still playing with my CNC - I am workin on a couple of custom branding irons now.:cool:

The old home is falling down - as I am sure you know.

Nice group here - and they talk CNC here - so I pop in from time to time.

f__t in an elevator huh - yup you sound like you're pretty normal - at least for Sonny.:o

You helped me a great deal on the v-frooving and painting I the signs - likely you don't even remember - but thank you anyway.:):)

so - I'll be around a little - have fun - stay out of elevators.

Jason Beam
02-10-2009, 11:28 AM
stay out of elevators.

This advice is to the REST of us, right? :P :P :P :P

Leo Voisine
02-10-2009, 4:27 PM
This advice is to the REST of us, right? :P :P :P :P

Well - at least when Sonny is in there.

Andrew Jordan
02-10-2009, 4:53 PM
We've got a ton of rain happening here...but it's turning to ice as it falls, so it's a real mess...should be snow later on tonight.

Andrew

Chris Padilla
02-10-2009, 5:58 PM
We need rain badly in the big bad BA...it's been a very dry winter....

Eddie Watkins
02-10-2009, 6:31 PM
The rain got to the west side of OKC about 3 hours ago. So far there has only been two tornadoes reported. Lots of 80 mph gusts, tho. It hasn't gotten here, yet.

Gene Howe
02-10-2009, 6:54 PM
Just returned from Coronado Island after a nice 3 day visit. Beautiful place. But, rained every day. :(
Rained on us all the way from SD to PHX. Sleet from north of PHX to home...N. AZ.
Did our taxes this AM. Glad that's done. tomorrow, back to the Highboy. Fitting drawers and laying in the door beading. Then making the cove molding and top. Finally installing everything and final sanding. Keep me busy for a few days.:rolleyes: