PDA

View Full Version : L/N Gloat!! W/pic

Joe Tonich
03-16-2003, 7:28 PM
Tennons were still a little tight so had a little talk w/SWMBO. After trying to explain WHY I needed a new tool and still getting THE LOOK, she said OK, get it if I needed it. I looked at both, the L/N and the Stanley #92 shoulder plane. I ended up with the L/N because of the "I wish I would've bought" syndrome AND I had the wife's permission to spend the $ for it. I like the Stanley also and that will be my next new plane purchase. It looks like "the cats meow" for cleaning up glue squeeze out and for the smaller tennons & shoulders. Thanks Jim Morrow and everyone that offered their advice. It was much appreciated. BTW, the plane worked nice right out of the box. I used it on the tennons and the end grain. SWEET!!! :D

Joe

Jim Morrow
03-16-2003, 10:12 PM
Hey Joe,
your in trouble now, no one can stop with just one LN plane. have fun with your new toy, Its a good one.
Take care,
Jim

Jim Shaver, Oakville Ont
03-16-2003, 10:24 PM
You can't just have one LN plane,

I have 6 LN's and 6 Bedrocks.......they are way too efficient!

take care,
Jim;)

Jim Morrow
03-16-2003, 10:36 PM
Hey Jim,
Just curious, which 6 LN planes do you have. I have six as well, I was wondering how many of the same we have.
Jim

Jim Shaver, Oakville Ont
03-16-2003, 10:40 PM
......the large scaper 112 plane, the shoulder plane 073, the LA Adjustable mouth BP and the small bronze LA BP. I also own the LA jointer plane and the LA Smoother, recently I bought the small bronze spoke shave.

Take care,
Jim

Jim Young
03-16-2003, 10:40 PM
Those are great planes. I started with that one and now I have a bunch, it's really a disease. Seems that the better I get at sharpenning them the more fun they are to use. Before you know it you'll be buying one of those $400/500 jointer planes.

Jim Shaver, Oakville Ont
03-16-2003, 10:43 PM
I found that I was able to buy good quality Stanley bedrocks for half the price, slip in a Lee Valley A2 iron and I am off.....I bought a Bedrock 607 for $185 US on Ebay....even in Canadian dollars that was a good price.

Take care,
Jim

JayStPeter
03-16-2003, 10:53 PM
I got that same plane this weekend. Also got an Independence Dovetail saw while I was at it. I'm jonesin for a 4 1/2.
But, I did pick up a bedrock 605 also.
I have 6 total planes. 1 LN, 1 Bedrock, 1 LV, and 3 I never use.

David Rose
03-17-2003, 12:27 AM
No fettling at all, huh? You know that I am getting green... ;-)

David

Jason Roehl
03-17-2003, 8:01 AM
Joe,

That's a purty tool. Did you remove the power cord for the picture? How many amps is it?

(Just kidding). Posting this on the "Dark Side" would probably garner more appreciation from the true "cordless" aficionados.

Jason

Joe_Ott
03-17-2003, 9:51 AM
That's nice Joe. Been thinking about getting the same thing. Hey, uh, would you talk to my wife for me? ....

I'd like to see it when I bring your tape back. Where did you buy it? I saw Bud (at Rockler) over the weekend. I was talking to him about Jeff Jewitt. He said Jeff was in the store not 10 minutes before I got there. Missed him. Darn. I 'd like to meet him. Bud told me he relocated over on to Madison in Cleveland (I'm in the middle of Lakewood near the lake). His shop must be almost in my back yard now. Need to find out where.

:D

Joe

Dennis McDonaugh
03-19-2003, 9:30 PM
Foul!!! That should be on the "Hand Tool" side! Nice tool BTW.