PDA

View Full Version : Frosted Metals

Martin Boekers
02-07-2009, 2:05 PM
I haven't seen any posts on this so I thought I'd pass it on.

JDS sells Frosted Metal sheets in gold and silver. They are a bit thicker than the standard metal sheets, but the knife trimmer cuts them well.

I was looking for something a bit different for a particular job so I took a "flyer" on a couple of these sheets.

The client loved them! Something a bit different than the "standard metal" sheets, but still an "off the Shelf" product.

The best I can describe it is a metal sheet with a "frosted" coating that when lasered leaves behind the shiny surface to contrast the frosting.

I recommend giving it a try!

Marty

Dave Johnson29
02-07-2009, 4:51 PM
JDS sells Frosted Metal sheets in gold and silver. They are a bit thicker than the standard metal sheets, but the knife trimmer cuts them well.

Martin,

Any chance of a link or part number? The JDS site is not all that forthcoming.

Martin Boekers
02-09-2009, 6:34 PM
Here's a link to the page.

http://php.jdsindustries.com/TEST/DOsearch.php?q=frosted+metal&limit=50&Submit=Search+JDS+Parts

Marty

Dave Johnson29
02-09-2009, 8:32 PM
Here's a link to the page.

Thanks Marty,

I guess I needed to log in to see the Search option. I have forgotten my customer number. :rolleyes: Guess I will have to go digging through emails.

James Stokes
02-09-2009, 8:40 PM
Your customer # will be on your catolog from JDS Or any other mail they send you.

Dave Johnson29
02-09-2009, 8:48 PM
Your customer # will be on your catolog from JDS Or any other mail they send you.

Thanks James,

A quick check of all the stuff here and it all must have been sent in a large envelope as the only white panels on two smaller catalogs are bare. The last Monthly thing they sent I gave to a customer to select some awards from. :)

Not to worry, I will dig through emails tomorrow. Beer time now! I think I got some sort of confirmation. Either that or I will call them.

Thanks for the suggestion though.