PDA

View Full Version : Recent Opinion/Experience With Grizz G1026

tom cooper
02-07-2009, 7:56 AM
Hi-
I have researched all the threads on the Grizzly G1026 3HP shaper and the older average opinion seems to be luke warm at best. Grizzly is running a free shipping promotion and I am stuck w/o a shaper right now (sold my little Reliant and bought a used POS Delta-Rockwell that isn't what I was told). So if possible, can someone post a picture of the G1026 internals? I am interested in seeing the raise/lower mechanism and also hoping to get a glance at the size of and distance between bearings. Or a first hand description would also be appreciated

Also would also like to hear comment on the G1026 smoothness (nickel test?). I can tell you my little 1.5HP Reliant ran like champ on oak & maple R/P doors and was SMOOTH.

By the way, I will be parting out the Delta-Rockwell soon, if interested in anything, please feel free to send a PM.

Regards to all.

Dar Lounsbury
02-07-2009, 4:59 PM
I like the 2 Grizzleys I have. Cope and stick. Grizzley shaper cutters don't seem to run as smoothly as some other brands. You get what you pay for with the cutters. I like Freeborn but they are costly.

On the Grizzley site, one can download the owner's manual and parts breakdown. Perhaps the info you want is there.

I am not where I can take photos but later this week I will be.

Dar