PDA

View Full Version : Need sharpening for Freud Premier Fusion or anything else???

Dewey Torres
02-07-2009, 1:43 AM
First, I have no affiliation with this business.

My local sharpening guy has been in business for almost 30 years and has one H. E. double hockey sticks of an outfit here. I have had him sharpen a variety of tools as a test before I posted this and please let me say from experience... sweet edges.

The guy has every sharpening system known to man and last time I used him I dropped off 6 chisels, one plane iron, and a Freud Premier Fusion blade. The price was 36 bucks and he does mail order. He was able to turn this order next day! As some of you may know that Freud blade has a special grind and if you send it to a “Joe nobody” they will mess your $100+ blade bad.

The man is an artist.. No kidding! I can take out my wet stones and place a secondary bevel on any of the hand tooling he does for me in about 10 or 12 passes for a mirror finish. Plane irons and chisels are 3.50 each, 10"saw blades are $15. He will not ever touch the back or your chisels and irons... only the edge, so once you get the back flat and say you hit something metal...(don't ask)... he will grind it back better than factory and at the factory angle. He never changes angles unless you ask. Very important!!!!

He also does a myriad of EURO blades so he is familiar with all of those mm style blades that are used by you slider folks.
He does custom grinds like back bevels too if you want at extra charge for things like your saw blades and jointer knives.

All of the blades on the wall in the back ground are outgoing!!!

Google “Rick's Edge, Colorado Springs”

If you need more info please PM me.

To the MODS,
If Keith and Jackie approve I would like to post the phone number.

Pat Germain
02-13-2009, 9:36 PM
Oh yeah! I can't recommend Rick's Edge enough. He's like the Merlin the Magician of sharpeners. When I drop my blades off at Rick's, I always expect to see a bubbling cauldron somewhere in the shop. There's no other explanation.

Try to understand. He's a magic man!

Bill Huber
02-13-2009, 10:29 PM
But can he sharpen minds ???

That's what I really need.

Good info, thanks, got it bookmarked