PDA

View Full Version : Powermatic Sliders

Mark Bolton
02-07-2009, 12:19 AM
Anyone know who makes the PM slider? Have been looking at a bunch of them and wondered if anyone knew the euro MFR.

Mark

Rafael Carias
02-07-2009, 12:23 AM
They are made by Robland.

Mike Wilkins
02-08-2009, 12:02 PM
Ditto on Robland, formerly sold by Laguna Tools. The HPS67 is the same machine as the E300 sold by Laguna/Robland, and the larger slider is similar to the larger Laguna machines.

Peter Quinn
02-08-2009, 1:30 PM
Ditto to the third power on Robland. Guy I work with now had one from Laguna in his shop a few years back, nothing but problems with the relays. The shop we are in went with a Griggio in that same weight class/size, beautiful machine, bit more money, so far no complaints.

Mark Bolton
02-08-2009, 8:26 PM
We have been looking at many used and new sliders. Have quotes on new machines from Felder, Laguna, SCM, MM. Have also looked at a dozen used machines in the 8K and below price range. We are currently waiting to hear back on a very nice Martin T75 8'6" slider, no scoring. While I am really wanting 8' capacity we have come across a SCM SI12W, 59" slider, scoring, it seems the slider was locked for most of the life of the saw and used a straight TS. Its super tight and reasonably priced. Its a real chore looking for a decent machine.

I have come across 4-5 PM sliders in the 6-8k range and wondered about them.

Mark