PDA

View Full Version : Foxfire update issues

James Jaragosky
02-06-2009, 6:28 PM
foxfire just auto updated to the latest version and now it's not working.
Anyone else got this problem?

Burt Alcantara
02-06-2009, 6:49 PM
What version did you end up with? I'm on 3.0.4.

Burt

Steve Schlumpf
02-06-2009, 6:50 PM
I'm on 3.0.6 and it works fine.

Mitchell Andrus
02-06-2009, 7:53 PM
3.0.6 A-OK

I have been having problems getting PDF's to open though. Sometimes they crash FF, sometimes not.

Chuck Wintle
02-06-2009, 7:55 PM
No issues with FF v3.06 here.

glenn bradley
02-06-2009, 8:13 PM
Another 3.0.6 = OK here but, I'm running Firefox, not Foxfire ;-)

Jim O'Dell
02-06-2009, 9:09 PM
Mine auto updated last night to 3.0.6 and no problems. Jim.

Frank Hagan
02-06-2009, 11:41 PM
There's an issue with the Logitech Quickcam web camera driver and Firefox updates. The Firefox update will continuously restart and never install completely.

To fix it, right click on the Webcam icon in the taskbar (bottom right of the screen; you may have to expand the section) and select "Exit". The Firefox upgrade will install, and you can restart the webcam application (or wait until you restart the computer, and it will come back).

Joe Suelter
02-07-2009, 12:02 AM
Open IE (providing you still have it) and google Mozilla FireFox (not foxfire!!) and re-download it. Sounds like you have a corrupt file that has downloaded. Both my machines updated and are working fine.

Chuck Wintle
02-07-2009, 5:26 AM
foxfire just auto updated to the latest version and now it's not working.
Anyone else got this problem?
Have you run disk cleanup lately? Sometimes an excess of old file can cause problems such as what you describe. :D

Joe Suelter
02-07-2009, 10:15 AM
You can also try and do a system restore back to the last point that you know it all worked....sometimes though with browser updates, that doesn't always work.

If all fails, do like I suggested and re-install it.

Harry Hagan
02-07-2009, 11:35 AM
Yep.......had a problem too. A message appeared saying Firefox would process the "upgrade" on next start-up. Firefox would not run or uninstall after 3.0.6 update and other problems started popping up too. Had to reboot computer four times before I could uninstall/reinstall Firefox 3.0.6 and get it running.

Problems like this are not unusual with Firefox on my laptop that runs Win XP/Tablet. Sometimes a "clean uninstall" is required, but not this time. No issues with 3.0.6 on my Win Vista computer.

David Epperson
02-07-2009, 11:53 AM
There is a known bug in the portable version FireFox auto updater

http://portableapps.com/node/10338
Reminder: Don't Auto-Update

We also wanted to remind everyone not to use the built in auto-updater with Mozilla Firefox, Portable Edition due to an unfixed bug in the updater itself. As with all software in PortableApps.com Format, you can do an in-place upgrade (install the new version right over the old one) and all your data will be preserved. More here: Upgrading Mozilla Firefox, Portable Edition (http://portableapps.com/support/firefox_portable#upgrading) and Bug 406335 (http://portableapps.com/node/10338).

Frank Hagan
02-07-2009, 2:34 PM
Yep.......had a problem too. A message appeared saying Firefox would process the "upgrade" on next start-up. Firefox would not run or uninstall after 3.0.6 update and other problems started popping up too. Had to reboot computer four times before I could uninstall/reinstall Firefox 3.0.6 and get it running.

Problems like this are not unusual with Firefox on my laptop that runs Win XP/Tablet. Sometimes a "clean uninstall" is required, but not this time. No issues with 3.0.6 on my Win Vista computer.

Had the same problem with every Firefox update ... and it was the Logitech webcam driver. I have to "exit" it from the taskbar before the update will go through.

Sonny Edmonds
02-07-2009, 4:02 PM
Umm, nope.
3.0.6 here.
Seems to be woiking.
Oh wankers, there goes speelceeker. :D