PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys again, and this time it may not involve T.O.

Jim O'Dell
02-06-2009, 3:59 PM
Will the wierdness with the Dallas Cowboys ever end??? I hadn't even heard that Jerry Jones had hired Dan Reeves to come on staff. He was there for 39 hours and quit!! :eek: At least he didn't let the memories cloud his judgement about the current situation. More power to ya Dan!!! Jim.

Ben Franz
02-07-2009, 12:01 PM
It's probably inevitable next year on the Bravo channel:

"The Real Housewives of the Dallas Cowboys" Yawn.

Sorry, I'm sure Cowboys fans care what's happening but I'm sick of all the drama surrounding much of pro sports and "entertainment".

Flame away:D.

Paul Ryan
02-08-2009, 11:03 AM
I am not a cowboys fan I dispise the cowboys. The americas team crap really gets to me. The cowboys are the yankees of the NFL. But that said I think the real problem is Jerry Jones. Under Jimmy Johnson he got to run the team as he wanted too. Jerry was still involed but Jimmy was alowed to make the personel choices and things like that. Jerry trusted Jimmy more. Under Barry Switzer they still won a championship but that was with a team built by Jimmy, and I might add (with draft picks and player from the Vikings, you're welcome). Now you have a owner that doesn't trust anyone and wants to be the coach, the GM, and everything else. You hire coaches to coach, Let them do their job and stay out of they way. Jerry Jones is his own worst enemy.

Ken Fitzgerald
02-08-2009, 11:26 AM
I was a Cowboys fan until Jerry Jones bought the team. The manner in which they handled the firing of Tom Landry burned me up! While maybe it was time for fresh blood in the coaching staff and the players, Tom Landry deserved better treatment than that!

As far as sports...it just entertainment. I often have a hard time understanding why we continue to support any professional sports team the manner in which we do. In the end, we pay either higher prices for tickets or via taxes to pay for the stadiums. They give us the song and dance routine about the number of jobs added because of them but....if we were buying capital equipment....better homes....cars.....refrigerators..other appliances and yes, woodworking tools with those entertainment dollars, there would be more jobs. Just entertainment....that's all..... and we suport the assinine behavior of some of those physically talented, socially challenged idiots.

Rich Engelhardt
02-08-2009, 11:42 AM
Hello,

I was a Cowboys fan until Jerry Jones bought the team. The manner in which they handled the firing of Tom Landry burned me up! While maybe it was time for fresh blood in the coaching staff and the players, Tom Landry deserved better treatment than that!

A big +1 to that!
Mr. Landry & the team he coached were first class all the way.

Jim O'Dell
02-08-2009, 3:07 PM
Guys, there are quite a few people here in the metroplex that feel the same way. But it is our only football team, so we root for them, and curse Jerry Jones at the same time.
That's why I thought it was refreshing that Dan Reeves, a product of the Tom Landry era and another class guy, had the guts to basically tell Jerry Jones that this place stinks. Maybe that will get Jerry to pull his head out of his new stadium and look at reality....ok, that's a pipe dream, but it would be nice if it did happen. Jim.