PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a good upholstery forum for the LOML.

Dennis Peacock
02-06-2009, 8:35 AM
OK...there's got to be about a million upholstery forums out there somewhere. Anybody here know of a good one for the LOML to go to so she can learn more about upholstery? She's getting this "bug" to do this and we already have a couple of worn out pieces of furniture that really needs to be "redone".
Advise and pointers are welcome.

Richard M. Wolfe
02-06-2009, 9:37 AM
Dennis, I don't know about any upholstery forums.....I don't know anything about upholstery and really have no inclination to learn. But......

My attitude seems to be the predominating one. And everyone has upholstered pieces. Because of that I think anyone who has an interest and is willing to put some work in it could have a thriving business. The town I live in isn't that large and there are a couple places that do upholstery but a number of people know I do wood "stuff" and since the two are combined in a lot of work I have gotten no telling how many questions about it. They usually start off, "Do you know anybody who can......?" Commercial places are generally set up to do atomotive or large furniture and seemingly will turn down a lot of requests for otherr things or charge huge amounts to do them. Don't know if starting a business is anything you had in mind, but thought I'd mention it.

Jim Becker
02-06-2009, 10:14 AM
Dennis, I have a decent upholstery book she can borrow. PM me if she's interested.