PDA

View Full Version : Considering selling my Craftsman 22124 in favor of riving knife saw

Alex Berkovsky
02-06-2009, 8:20 AM
Prior to buying my 22124 saw, I owned a BT3100 and loved the riving knife feature. Now that more TS manufacturers are coming out with riving knife equipped saws, I have been thinking of possibly selling my 22124 and replacing it with a riving knife model. I know that someone here (can't recall who) has sold his 22124. I wonder how much I can expect to get back from the sale, and whatever that may be, add the difference to buy something that costs no more than $1,500. That price will probably leave me with not that many choices... maybe a Steel City or a Grizzly.

Chris Kennedy
02-06-2009, 9:06 AM
Less drastic maneuver -- contact Bob Ross, maker of the **** (bolt-on riving knife.) He makes a model for the 22124. He is on the Creek.

In the interest of disclosure -- I have one of these for my 22124, but due to first a lack of time and then a broken wrist, I haven't installed it yet.

Cheers,

Chris

Mike Goetzke
02-06-2009, 9:24 AM
I cane down the same path you did. I had a BT for almost 20 years, got a 22124, then bought a new Uni. I had a Shark Guard on all three and love it. If you like the 22124 you want to look into the Shark. It's not a riving knife but it does come with a few different height splitters that you can c/o very quickly.

Mike

Alex Berkovsky
02-06-2009, 10:18 AM
Less drastic maneuver -- contact Bob Ross, maker of the **** (bolt-on riving knife.) He makes a model for the 22124. He is on the Creek.Chris,
Never heard of it, but will look into it. Thanks for the info.

I cane down the same path you did. I had a BT for almost 20 years, got a 22124, then bought a new Uni. I had a Shark Guard on all three and love it. If you like the 22124 you want to look into the Shark. It's not a riving knife but it does come with a few different height splitters that you can c/o very quickly.

MikeMike,
I did have a Shark Guard on BT3100 and have it on 22124.