PDA

View Full Version : I thought

Bart Leetch
03-16-2003, 4:12 PM
That for the most part we were going to use our real names on Sawmill Creek. I for one prefer real names for all the reasons we used to use them before Sawmill Creek. Also it is my opinion that one should not be ashamed of their name. Sorry if I've stepped on some toes but that is the way I feel.

Ken Salisbury
03-16-2003, 4:18 PM
Originally posted by Bart Leetch
That for the most part we were going to use our real names on Sawmill Creek. I for one prefer real names for all the reasons we used to use them before Sawmill Creek. Also it is my opinion that one should not be ashamed of their name. Sorry if I've stepped on some toes but that is the way I feel.
<p align="center">
That will be part of the rules -- once they are posted Bart

Joe Suelter
03-16-2003, 11:36 PM
I posted a message stating this request the very first day the Creek was up and running, before the loss of the first days posting. Keith said he would enforce this rule, I am like you, I like to know who I am talking to. That was my biggest turn-off about some of the other forums, and that's what I liked about the Pond.

Lee Schierer
03-17-2003, 7:57 AM
I don't recall seeing any posts without names. Did I miss something again....

Bart Leetch
03-17-2003, 9:47 AM
Lee we are discussing the use of handles instead of full given & sir names. This is something we had discussed & decided we wanted to keep doing for the same reasons it was done on the Pond.

Ted Shrader
03-17-2003, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Lee Schierer
I don't recall seeing any posts without names. Did I miss something again....

Bart -

I thought everybody was abiding by that. Have there been new "handle" posts? Same comment as Lee - did I miss something (again)?

Ted

Jackie Outten
03-17-2003, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Ted Shrader
Bart -

I thought everybody was abiding by that. Have there been new "handle" posts? Same comment as Lee - did I miss something (again)?

Ted

Hi all,

I will be going through the membership list this week and will email all those using handles. Please bear with us as we get these accounts adjusted.

Jackie

Joe Suelter
03-17-2003, 12:38 PM
Ted & Lee, Bart is referring to a couple posts that went through early last week that had handles instead of actual names. I for one can't stand not knowing somebody's name, it's very unpersonal (is that a word?!) Even initials would be better than a fictional name. Thanks Jackie!

Dave Arbuckle
03-17-2003, 12:57 PM
"unpersonal (is that a word?!) "

I don't think so, but "impersonal" is... ;)

Dave

Norsky
03-17-2003, 5:10 PM
Bart,

I agree.

Ken,

So I can keep this name until the rule is posted, right?

Joe,

I wasn't here the first day.

Lee,

You haven't been paying attention.

Bart - part 2,

I didn't see that discussion, so I guess I'm exempted.

Ted,

Hmmm, everyone but me?

Jackie,

Goodie! I love getting email.

Joe - part 2,

I agree.

Dave,

You're too quick...as usual. 'Unpersonal' does have a nice ring to it, though.

Harassingly yours,&quot
Norsky - Cambridge, Iowa

jack duren
03-17-2003, 8:37 PM
i prefer to use my company name. not ashamed of it but "proud". but not my forum. "BUT LIKE IT".....jack (rebelwork)