PDA

View Full Version : Leather vector cutting & Glass engraving for decoration

onur cakir
02-04-2009, 1:42 PM
Hi everyone, besides lasertile here are my first products for decoration. These products may be simple but i get the whole decoration project by the help of these options because nobody tried to use laser for decoration here before.

So, here are my table tops...me and my architect had a loooooooong talk 'cause of the image on glass. The image that he choosed was so simple and could be done with sand blasting. I insisted on designing much more complex design to show power of the laser. Anyway the client choosed the simple image too....

onur cakir
02-04-2009, 1:46 PM
And my ceiling lamps made with leather vector cutting. I cut 4 pieces for each lamp and just glued on standart white lamp covers.

onur cakir
02-04-2009, 1:50 PM
And sublimation on aluminium used to cover bar top front side. I know some of you uses sublimation, maybe mods should open a new forum for sublimation too :)

Steve Clarkson
02-04-2009, 1:57 PM
Onur,

You totally impress me once again! I love the idea using the leather over the lampshade.

I can't really tell what you did with the table though.....it's glass?

onur cakir
02-04-2009, 2:11 PM
Onur,

You totally impress me once again! I love the idea using the leather over the lampshade.

I can't really tell what you did with the table though.....it's glass?

Hi Steve, thank you. Well leather or standart plastic lamp coating has great potential for lampshades. We can easly create custom designs with those materials.

Table tops are standart laminate ones. But i used a cnc to carve a hole for 2" thickness colored glass. Than i placed the engraved glass into that hole.

Steve Clarkson
02-04-2009, 3:10 PM
OK.....now I understand what you did.

Joe Pelonio
02-04-2009, 3:12 PM
I know some of you uses sublimation, maybe mods should open a new forum for sublimation too :)
Very nice work. I did some leather yesterday, a little stinky.

The "Sign Design & Fabrication" forum is the appropriate place for sublimation.
In the case of sublimation and laser together you would have to make a decision on where to place it.

onur cakir
02-04-2009, 3:24 PM
Very nice work. I did some leather yesterday, a little stinky.

The "Sign Design & Fabrication" forum is the appropriate place for sublimation.
In the case of sublimation and laser together you would have to make a decision on where to place it.

Thank you, leather cutting is an absolute "dirty job" :)

Frank Corker
02-04-2009, 4:48 PM
Very nice work Onur. I particularly like the lamp shades.