PDA

View Full Version : Smart Guide & DIY Network

John Miliunas
07-02-2004, 10:13 PM
Ran across this little tidbit and thought some of you guys asking about the Smart Guide might be interested. Looks like Dino has made it to the "Big Time"! :D
http://www.diynet.com/diy/hi_tools/article/0,2037,DIY_13936_2999641,00.html

As for myself, I finally got my own lumber milled and cut to size to put my SG Table together! I even found some folding banquet table legs to put on it, so I won't have to drag sawhorses out when I want to use it! :)

Rich Konopka
07-03-2004, 6:50 AM
John:

I wouldn't be surprised if the producers lurked out here on SMC or another forumn. I think it is great for Dino that he receives the exposure because in reality he is a small fish in a large corporate ocean. I definitely like supporting the lttle fishes. I can see my self using one of smart systems in the future.

Cheers

Frank Pellow
07-03-2004, 8:10 AM
Congratulations Dino! If we can get the program here, I will watch it.

I hope that the exposure on the air increases your sales.

Frank Pellow
07-03-2004, 8:26 AM
My wife (who is the one in our family who knows about television, about how to use the remote, how to program the VCR, etc.) tells me that we can not get the DIY network. That's too bad. I glanced at their program listing and there are things there that I would look at -unlike the vast majority of things covered by the channels that we do get.

John Miliunas
07-03-2004, 10:09 AM
My wife (who is the one in our family who knows about television, about how to use the remote, how to program the VCR, etc.) tells me that we can not get the DIY network. That's too bad. I glanced at their program listing and there are things there that I would look at -unlike the vast majority of things covered by the channels that we do get.

"DIY" is an option with my sat carrier, as well. BUT, having checked into it a while back, I had to pass on it. In order for us to get it, I would have to opt for the highe$$$t add-in package, which in turn, gives you a bunch of garbage channels with it. :mad: I just couldn't justify the extra $20.00+/mth. for literally, on channel! :mad: :cool:

Dino Makropoulos
07-03-2004, 4:28 PM
Hey guys.
I think my big time was here already.
Last week i have a visit by one of my customers (young fellow).
He was in New York for business and he call to see if i have the time
to teach him few tricks with the EZsmart.
When i was done with the demo (15 minutes) i saw a kid almost crying from happiness. And he was talking to him self...
Something about selling some stupid tools on Ebay,
( I think he got that from me) clean up his garage, and how easy,safe and affordable his love (woodworking) can now be.
-Woodworking and anyworking that allows one to MAKE ANYTHING using his hands and his brains the same time is simply ART.And we all know that art makes better people.
Just look at the FPP project. Only a woodworker (hi Ken) can come up with it.
In my Bio my job is the 10D men. So what if one of me hit the big time.
You and I still have the other 9 to deal with.
Dino your carpenter friend.