PDA

View Full Version : ryobi model bs900

Ken Higginbotham
02-04-2009, 9:29 AM
I have a chance to pick one of these up for $25. Don't laugh me out of the forum but is it going to be able to cut much of anything. I plan on buying a 14" sometime in the next 6 months to a year (Hopefully).

Any feedback on the ryobi?

Rich Engelhardt
02-04-2009, 10:56 AM
Hello,
I'd be all over that ($25) in a heart beat.
I have a Delta 9" (or is it 10") benchtop.
It fits a definate niche between a scroll saw (or coping saw) and the table saw.

There's a ton of small stuff/small cuts that just don't "feel right" (as in the fingers are mighty close to the blade) done on the TS or miter saw.

It's also a good "nibbler" - by that I mean it can nibble away material that I'd otherwise turn to a belt sander to remove.

Re: Ryobi in general.
I have a Ryobi router, circ saw, miter saw and cordless screwdriver.
While they aren't "top shelf", I'd honestly rate Ryobi above the new Porter Cable line that Lowes has.
I went B&D (Firestorm), Delta and GMC for a few of my end tools, and in retrospect, I believe I'd have done far better going Ryobi.
W/the right price - HD does have a lot of decent sales on the Ryobi line, IMHO, they are an excpetional value.
The BS900 was my second choice after the small Delta. I went w/the Delta simply because at the time, it was $25.00 cheaper.

Mike Gager
02-04-2009, 11:09 AM
id buy it for $25

scott spencer
02-04-2009, 11:12 AM
$25 is a definite "buy". I had mine for ~ 3 years. With a decent blade it'll cut most of what you need within it's capacity limitations.

David Christopher
02-04-2009, 11:15 AM
id buy it for $25

me too !!!!!!

Ken Higginbotham
02-04-2009, 11:23 AM
Ok... You guys talked me into it. :)