PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have experience with Sunhill Machinery?

Robert Fordham
02-04-2009, 8:48 AM
Anyone have experience with Sunhill Machinery? I am looking for a table top 6" jointer. I will use it for DIY home shop projects.

Tom Cullom JR.
02-04-2009, 4:20 PM
I bought a TS from them bout 10 years ago I never had any problems with them or there shipping.

Don Morris
02-04-2009, 6:16 PM
I have had Sunhill's 8" CT204L Jointer with shelix head for several years. Pleasant, responsive people to deal with. One knob wasn't there after a cross country ship. Crate was slightly damaged, but not the jointer. No questions asked, a new knob on the way the next day. The machine's tables were flat by 3' machinist bar test, and it's been performing great since, thought not as heavily used as I would like. They had a good reputation when I bought mine. Most people on the creek would recommend an 8" over a 6" if you can swing it. Very rarely now do I have to seek out the local professional wwing facility to face a board whereas before with my 6" jointer it was not an uncommon trip. Hope that helps.

Michael Koch
02-04-2009, 7:46 PM
I have their 6 inch jointer, and it has performed very good. I got it about 5 years ago and have had no problems. Mk

Jim Andrew
02-04-2009, 10:54 PM
I bought a 10" Oliver jointer from Sunhill, when I moved to a 12" I went with Grizzly. Grizzly treated me much better than Sunhill. And I had a little problem with the guard on my Griz, and received a new spring in the mail in just a couple days. The Griz is a much better jointer than the Oliver, and when I talked to them about the shelix head, they said the chicom head was better. I thought Bull, and bought the shelix. If you want to move up to a Griz shelix, they offer much better prices than Sunhill. Oh, and when I went with the shelix on the Oliver, got a much better price on the head from the company who sells Bridgewood, can't think of their name right now. Byrd won't sell direct to you, has to be through a distributor.

Tony Scolaro
02-05-2009, 12:09 AM
I bought an OLiver 25" belt sander from them. They treated me good. I had to fight a little to get a controller but I think it was fair in the course of business. You can't just hand things out. I'd give them real good grade. The staff is stable, been their awhile. Also they treated a buddy of mine very well on his belt sander. Tony