PDA

View Full Version : Throughly Disgusted with SignWarehouse

Angus Hines
02-03-2009, 12:02 PM
I know I have sung there praise's in the past. ANd for that I must apoligize to the group here.

I will post the events as they have occurred via the chain of e-mail's I have gotten over the last month.

Than you can each decide for yourselves.

More coming soon. (as soon as I organize all the e-mails into one coherent string).

And I believe what you will discover is total and complete incompetence.

(tagged for better google indexing)

Angus Hines
02-03-2009, 12:21 PM
Ok sent stuff to them for 'courtesy testing'

Literature fullfillment WTF? this had nothing to do with literture it was a main board and Y motor.

I am still working into it.
There are no notes in your account saying it was shipped (UPS).
Judith our literature fulfillment person doesn't have your named on a piece of paper (for US Postal shipping).
The box isn't in our demo room (where I tested the motor/main board).

I am looking for the box as we speak.

Thanks,
Kevin Huffman II
Pinnacle Tech Team
800-966-1783

Sent: Monday, January 12, 2009 3:37 PM
To: Kevin Huffman
Subject: RE:
So what did we find out from the shipping girl in the back ??? Or does she even know…..LOL

Thanks
Angus Hines
1-866-273-2048
www.classicmarineco.com (http://www.classicmarineco.com/)

P Please consider the environment before printing this email.

From: Kevin Huffman [mailto:Kevin.Huffman@signwarehouse.com]
Sent: Monday, January 12, 2009 12:38 PM
To: Angus Hines

I will have to go find out where it went and why it wasn't shipped out.
I had it boxed up and I gave it to our shipping person. I will go ask her a status on it.

Thanks,
Kevin Huffman II
Pinnacle Tech Team
800-966-1783

Sent: Monday, January 12, 2009 11:07 AM
OK, Do I need to call someone if you can’t fix it today,? And who?. Plus they are shipping my main board back with it also correct?

Sent: Monday, January 12, 2009 12:04 PM

I put the order in, I am not sure what is going on. I have been gone for the last 2 weeks and I am getting ready to leave for the next 2 weeks. I will have to the end of the day to find out what is going on.

Thanks,
Kevin Huffman II
Pinnacle Tech Team
800-966-1783

Sent: Monday, January 12, 2009 11:02 AM
Importance: High
Just wondering if you had tracking info on these 14 days after you said you sent them they are still not here.

Angus

Sent: Monday, December 29, 2008 2:08 PM

Yes, got them in today. Tested them and now everything is good to go.

Packaging them up and sending them back.

Thanks,
Kevin Huffman II
Pinnacle Tech Team
800-966-1783

Sent: Monday, December 29, 2008 12:32 PM
LOL OK that was to simple….any word on when the motors are coming?

Angus

Ok, I have to find out about what is going on first. Once I have a definite answer for a definite fix (which should be tomorrow) I will let you know.

I will ask Justin to do that.

Thanks,
Kevin Huffman II
Pinnacle Tech Team
800-966-1783

Sent: Monday, December 01, 2008 1:37 PM
Subject: RE: So
No need to refund the mainboard as I need it back the old board is not working corrosion everywhere. Just do a swap on the Y motor and it should be all good. The interesting thing about the Y motor is the numbers match the new X motor exactly.

As for the insurance company, interesting, as they know nothing of repairs nor, did they pay for repairs, I got my check 3 weeks ago to replace the machine. Maybe they want to know if it salvageable? If they call again just have Justin refer them back to me please.

Thanks
Angus

Sent: Monday, December 01, 2008 2:24 PM
Subject: RE: So

Hello Angus,

Heads up, your insurance company called today. They spoke with Justin about reimbursing them for repairing the laser that burnt down.
He instructed them that we do not cover laser fires under warranty due to the fact that their are warning labels on the machine and in the manual that state do not leave the machine un attended while in operation. And that all laser fires start with "I started the laser and went to ........... (insert whatever here)". I am not sure what they are or aren't going to do. Justin said he would keep me informed of any further correspondences with them.

The issue with your main board/motor is the motor itself. I put that motor into our machine and slams into the back of the machine about the 0,3 mark. I put the new main board in with our motor and it works fine. Attach your motor and it slams into the back wall at the same place. I am working GCC America to see what I can find out about the serial number on the motor that was sent to you.

Once we find out who/what/when/where/why We will go from there. If the issue is with the Y motor we sent you, I will work with our CS department to get you a refund for that main board. I will do everything with in my power (which is very little seeing how I am only a lowly tech).

Thanks,
Kevin Huffman II
Pinnacle Tech Team
800-966-1783

Sent: Monday, December 01, 2008 8:48 AM
Subject: So
Any Ideas on which one is broken. The board or the Y motor? Or better yet they both work fine in your machine?....LOL

Thanks
Angus Hines
1-866-273-2048

Angus Hines
02-03-2009, 12:22 PM
Hi Angus,

I totally understand your frustrations and I can now see where you have been dealing with this since at least Dec. 29. Billy already took this to the shippers for me a moment ago and he just brought me the UPS tracking # : 1Z7124091390834321

I hope this gets you going and if you need any help installing, just let us know. I created a new ticket for Justin to follow up on after today.

Take care for now and if you need anything else just let me know. We sincerely appreciate your business!

Kind Regards,

Mike Akard

Sent: Tuesday, January 20, 2009 2:41 PM
To: Mike Akard
Subject: RE: Not happy
Yes this address is correct Mike and thank you for your help. My displeasure is not with Kevin so don’t give him hell, it is with the fact that no one (Justin was aware of this situation and did nothing once Kevin left) followed up on the missing items once he had to go do his training.
Thank you for your help in this matter. And if I really need to I will involve you in anything else that may need your attention. However, as you can tell I only get upset after a long time.

Angus

Sent: Tuesday, January 20, 2009 2:58 PM
Cc: Kevin Huffman; Justin Smith; Charles Collins

Hi Angus,

I appreciate your patience. I was able to locate a new board and Y-Motor. I am sending these out to you Next Day Air at no terms and with my apologies.

The address I have on file is:

Penguin, LLC.
Attn: Angus Hines
208 Marsh View Court
Carrollton, VA 23314

If this address is incorrect or has changed please let me know ASAP.

If you ever have any problems from this point forward with support or any other department here, please do not hesitate to get me involved. If the other parts do show up, please let me know and I will have a call tag issued to pick them up so you don't have to pay to return them.

Again I very sincerely apologize for this problem and Thank You for bringing this to my attention.

Warm Regards,

Mike Akard
Technical Services Manager
Signwarehouse, Inc.

Office: (800) 699 – 5490

file:///C:/Users/Angus/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.jpg (http://www.signwarehouse.com/)

Sent: Tuesday, January 20, 2009 12:01 PM
To: Mike Akard; Support
Cc: Stephen Allen; Charles Collins; Justin Smith
These were parts that were shipped new but not working, apparently if you read through the e-mail or maybe its in a different e-mail, the parts were actually mis labeled or some sort of excuse like that and that’s why it wasn’t working. So I sent them back to be tested and now I assume they are lost or whatever. I spend way to much money with SW to have issues like this, that can be simply resolved by shipping me the correct items. I realize that Kevin is out of the office but someone else there can fix this without the need to bother Kevin.

This is really an unacceptable situation at this point.

Thanks
Angus Hines
1-866-273-2048

Sent: Tuesday, January 20, 2009 12:51 PM
To: Angus Hines; Support
Cc: Stephen Allen; Charles Collins; Justin Smith

Angus,

I needed to let you know that Kevin is not in the office this week as he is doing a customer onsite training. I will be more than happy to look into this matter for you and I have forwarded your email to Kevin's personal email address for more information.

The notes on your account do not specify if this was warranty replacement parts or were these parts we were courtesy testing for you? Please let me know when you have a chance and I will contact you again when I have information regarding this shipment.

Kind Regards,

Mike Akard
Technical Services Manager
Signwarehouse, Inc.

Office: (800) 699 – 5490

file:///C:/Users/Angus/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.jpg (http://www.signwarehouse.com/)

Sent: Tuesday, January 20, 2009 11:40 AM
To: Support
Subject: Not happy
Have you fixed this issue yet??? Or do I need to take it to management and the public forums to get a resolution. I have been more than patient with this . However I can no longer afford to be patient. I hope you can resolve this matter by closing today.

If that means you have to go in the back and ship me a new motor and board, then that’s what it means.

But it will get resoled today !!! This is an opportunity to redeem yourselves, However unless resolved today I will be forced to take this matter public and publish all of these e-mails back and forth to see if anyone can explain to me the lack of efficiency at SW.

Thanks
Angus Hines
1-866-273-2048

Sent: Monday, January 12, 2009 5:11 PM

I am still working into it.
There are no notes in your account saying it was shipped (UPS).
Judith our literature fulfillment person doesn't have your named on a piece of paper (for US Postal shipping).
The box isn't in our demo room (where I tested the motor/main board).

I am looking for the box as we speak.

Thanks,
Kevin Huffman II
Pinnacle Tech Team
800-966-1783

Sent: Monday, January 12, 2009 3:37 PM
So what did we find out from the shipping girl in the back ??? Or does she even know…..LOL

Thanks
Angus Hines
1-866-273-2048

Sent: Monday, January 12, 2009 12:38 PM

I will have to go find out where it went and why it wasn't shipped out.
I had it boxed up and I gave it to our shipping person. I will go ask her a status on it.

Thanks,
Kevin Huffman II
Pinnacle Tech Team
800-966-1783

Sent: Monday, January 12, 2009 11:07 AM
OK, Do I need to call someone if you can’t fix it today,? And who?. Plus they are shipping my main board back with it also correct?

Sent: Monday, January 12, 2009 12:04 PM

I put the order in, I am not sure what is going on. I have been gone for the last 2 weeks and I am getting ready to leave for the next 2 weeks. I will have to the end of the day to find out what is going on.

Thanks,
Kevin Huffman II
Pinnacle Tech Team
800-966-1783

Sent: Monday, January 12, 2009 11:02 AM
Importance: High
Just wondering if you had tracking info on these 14 days after you said you sent them they are still not here.

Angus

Sent: Monday, December 29, 2008 2:08 PM

Yes, got them in today. Tested them and now everything is good to go.

Packaging them up and sending them back.

Thanks,
Kevin Huffman II
Pinnacle Tech Team
800-966-1783

Sent: Monday, December 29, 2008 12:32 PM
LOL OK that was to simple….any word on when the motors are coming?

Angus

Sent: Monday, December 29, 2008 1:23 PM

With the spirit, you have to move the ruler over about 2 inches. You will see the top ruler has a 0,0 and a -2,0. Right now your ruler is at the -2,0. This is the extended mode. For regular mode or unextended mode you have to have the right hand side of the ruler at the 0,0 mark not the -2,0 mark. Simply unscrew it and screw it into the correct place. Things will line up from now on.

The Explorer has a 2-3 inch spacer already in the machine, the spirit doesn't work that way.

Kevin Huffman II
Pinnacle Tech Team
800-966-1783

Sent: Monday, December 29, 2008 12:08 PM
LOL I’m currently in Boston so not much I can do from here. Got the new machine up and running but for some reason it won’t start at 0,0 it starts running all files at 2,0. I have tried different page sizes removed and re-installed the driver a couple of times but still no luck. I’m stumped on this one. I looked in the machine setting but didn’t see anything I recognized so didn’t do anything there.

IDEAS?

Angus

Sent: Monday, December 29, 2008 9:43 AM
Subject:

Hello Angus,

I received a ticket that you were needing some assistance, what's going on?

Thanks,
Kevin Huffman II
Pinnacle Tech Team
800-966-1783

Angus Hines
02-03-2009, 12:24 PM
Angus,

I was not able to get approval for NDA shipping. If you would like expedited shipping, you would have to pay for this. I do apologize, we did make the mistake in sending the incorrect product and we will correct the issue by sending it GRD as I am doing, but any expedited shipping must be paid by the customer. We have already made the exception of replacing these incorrect product because we did make the initial mistake in sending the incorrect product, but this order is from October and we are to be notified within 5 days of receipt (we give up to 30 days) of any shortages, defects, incorrect product etc or your order is considered complete. We are making the exception in accepting these incorrect items back and correcting our mistake by sending the correct product back out to you.

Also to let you know, the Lens 1.5" Kit GX & Spirit GX - 4.0 Focus Lens are out of stock, so I have already put those through to be drop shipped from the manufacturer to you.

Again, I deeply apologize for any inconvenience. I have already added the other item (that had to be set up) to this same order, so it should ship with the rest of the items.

Thank you
Angela Dawson
Customer Service Supervisor/Lead
SignWarehouse.com

Office: 800.699.5512, x2702 Fax: 903.462.7789

outbind://15-0000000011AFD427422BE143A14B56E9BF366C19070044BDD2 E85E22A941BF0DC09AF904F03C00000001B40C00007DED127A DD33704A8DE6BE31F67BA3D300000252AA830000/http:/app009/images/email_logo_final.gif (http://www.signwarehouse.com/)

Sent: Tuesday, February 03, 2009 7:57 AM
To: Angela Dawson
Cc: Mike Akard; Kevin Huffman; Taffy Delgado
Subject: RE: ANother issue
Thank You, This is what should have happened on Friday ! Cause this is a SW error not mine and they need to take responsibility for their errors and actions.

Angus

From: Angela Dawson [mailto:angela.dawson@signwarehouse.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 03, 2009 8:52 AM

I have already emailed my manager asking for approval for NDA, I will let you know once I have a response from her on this.

Thank you
Angela Dawson
SignWarehouse.com

outbind://15-0000000011AFD427422BE143A14B56E9BF366C19070044BDD2 E85E22A941BF0DC09AF904F03C00000001B40C00007DED127A DD33704A8DE6BE31F67BA3D300000252AA830000/http:/app009/images/email_logo_final.gif (http://www.signwarehouse.com/)

Sent: Tuesday, February 03, 2009 7:50 AM
Well you did use the words Express shipping, I record all my calls for this reason.

Angus

Sent: Tuesday, February 03, 2009 8:31 AM

I informed you that as soon as I got the Form back from you, i would get the Rplmnt order out for you. Which I submitted the order before I received the form, but I knew you would get it to me. I never said anything to you about expedited shipping because that must be approved through management, I cannot just tell someone I will expedite the shipping before discussing it for approval with my manager. I informed you I would get the rplmnt order submitted yesterday, which I did. I apologize for your inconvenience.

Thank you
Angela Dawson
SignWarehouse.com

Sent: Monday, February 02, 2009 5:19 PM
Cc: Mike Akard; Kevin Huffman
You told me Express today on the phone. You were provided with the necessary information and signatures. Yet you ship ground? And not even today as promised.
Well this must go public now on several forums. Complete with chains of e-mails and other case proving documentation. The only person who will be able to defend this information may be the owner but, with all the other post in regard to SW. I don’t really seeing him stepping up to the plate. As he hasn’t yet. He apparently only has the Chutzpah to have his employees lie, cheat and screw great customer’s over as he hide in the shadows like a coward.

Angus

Sent: Monday, February 02, 2009 4:27 PM

K, thank you .. Would you mind faxing it to 903-462-7702, rather than the phone# on the form..

Thank you

Angela Dawson
SignWarehouse.com

Sent: Monday, February 02, 2009 3:22 PM
Cc: Mike Akard; Kevin Huffman; chris.grip@signwarehouse.com
It has been faxed back Angela….Looking forward to seeing the shipping notification and tracking numbers.

Angus

Sent: Monday, February 02, 2009 4:02 PM

I have called this customer, explained everything again to him.. I have emailed a CC AUTH form to him, once I get it back I will send the rplmnt order..
He's taken care of.

Thanks

Angela Dawson
SignWarehouse.com

Sent: Monday, February 02, 2009 2:30 PM
Well I knew that was the way it worked however, NO ONE in your department has bothered to contact me in this matter until NOW. I realize that its out of Kevin and Mikes hands. But it seems they are the only one around there that can make a customer happy. Through their contact and then having them run interference because they are the communicators for SW I suppose. I expected to hear from your Department on Friday when this ticket was submitted (according to Kevin e-mail of the same day).

When I attempt to contact your department I never get anyone on the phone nor do they return there V-mail messages so Im at a loss as who to contact.

Call me at 757 373 5366 and I’ll give you all the C/C info you want.

Angus Hines
757 373 5366

Sent: Monday, February 02, 2009 3:18 PM
To: 3aih@angushines.com
Subject: FW: ANother issue

Angus,

If you have any concerns, you need to be contacting me in this regard. I am the person taking care of the exchange.
The only way to get this shipped out before the return is in transit to us, is by you filling out a Credit Card Authorization Form (which I can provide for you). All this form is for is, if for some reason we do not get the return back then it authorizes us to charge you for it. With this form is the only other way to get this shipped before hand. Otherwise, once you have given the return to UPS and informed me, then I can send the replacements.

Thank you

Angela Dawson
SignWarehouse.com

Sent: Monday, February 02, 2009 2:02 PM
To: Kevin Huffman; Mike Akard
I got the return label. But these items MUST ship today and prior to the return of the SW erroneously shipped products. I have had way to many unsatisfactory experiences with the other departments with in SW for me to adbide by their policy especially when it an SW error. If they don’t ship today I will be making my public appeals for a new supplier.
Please advise shipping status.

Angus

Sent: Friday, January 30, 2009 2:18 PM

Hello Angus,

Yes, both of them are wrong. I am having Customer Service do the RMA for both lens and change the 1.5 inch lens that is on back order to the 1.5 inch lens for the Sprit GX. I am not sure on the Sat Del, you will need to work that out with them when the call you.

Thanks,
Kevin Huffman II
Pinnacle Tech Team
800-966-1783

Sent: Friday, January 30, 2009 11:45 AM
Kevin it’s the 2.5” and the 4” that are wrong can you get at least a 4” out today overnight Saturday Delivery? I really need this ASAP? And do you know anymore about the 1.5”?

Angus

Sent: Friday, January 30, 2009 10:02 AM

Hello Angus,

There ya go, that's the problem. The Spirit and the Spirit GE share the same lens, the Spirit GX has a different lens.
Someone just put in the wrong part number. I will put the ticket into our Customer Service to get back the Spirit Lens and ship you a Spirit GX lens. As soon as one of the Customer Service reps get a moment they will be contacting you to get this set straight.

Thanks,
Kevin Huffman II
Pinnacle Tech Team
800-966-1783

Sent: Friday, January 30, 2009 8:44 AM
I found a bag in the box for the 4” lens. Heres the pick.

Angus

Sent: Friday, January 30, 2009 9:35 AM

Hello Angus,

Yea, I am back for a week or two, then I hit the road again. Np man, I help out where I can.
Can you take a picture of the bag that these items where in? They have our Signwarehouse label/part number on them. GCC's part numbers mean almost nothing to me.

Yea, every year they are party'n it up for 2 weeks. Next year, I may have to go visit them and happen to make the mistake of scheduling it during this 2 week holiday.

Thanks,
Kevin Huffman II
Pinnacle Tech Team
800-966-1783

Sent: Thursday, January 29, 2009 5:51 PM
YAY your back….Im sorry you have to fix all these problems created by others but wow now I understand why the Tech Dept is so busy. They’re not fixing machines and handling software issues. They’re busy babysitting the rest of the company and fixing their errors.

Chinese New Year that sounds like the place to be, then I wouldn’t know I had these issues…….LOL

Ok here are the pics.

Angus

Sent: Thursday, January 29, 2009 5:19 PM
Subject: FW: ANother issue

Hello Angus,

Can you take a picture of the lens and the packaging of the 4.0 inch lens that you received? That way I can confirm that the part number on the outside of the package matches the item on the inside of the package. I can then open a customer service ticket to get the correct item sent to you. Having the incorrect part number/part number and the correct part number when I hand it to them will help expedite the process. I will have to get with our purchasing manager to see the arrival date of the back ordered 1.5 inch lens. I will let you know that, right now, Taiwan is right in the middle of their 2 week celebration of Chinese New Year.

Thanks,
Kevin Huffman II
Pinnacle Tech Team
800-966-1783

Sent: Thursday, January 29, 2009 3:18 PM
To: Mike Akard
Subject: ANother issue

Went to use a different lens in my Spirit a moment ago nad found someone shipped me the wrong one they are way to small for this machine. I’m assuming that the guys in the back have no clue but if it looks right throw it in the box.

Need this fixed ASAP.

Also on the order for this machine there was a backorder for 1.5” lens. Any idea on when I might get that one. I need at least the 4” lens by tomorrow or Saturday at the latest.

Thanks
Angus Hines
757 373 5366

Angus Hines
02-03-2009, 12:26 PM
Now is there something I'm missing. Or is incompatance an understatment.:mad:

Steve Clarkson
02-03-2009, 1:26 PM
And I believe what you will discover is total and complete incompetence.

Wow! Not only incompetence, but complete unprofessionalism. I have a real pet peeve about people who write incoherent, unprofessional and grammatically incorrect e-mails. How do some of these companies stay in business?

Thanks for the heads up on this company......I know I won't do business with them.

Frank Corker
02-03-2009, 4:38 PM
Your problems aside, it would have been nice just to have condensed all of the above.

Angus Hines
02-03-2009, 4:53 PM
I know Frank. But instead of putting in my own words and having things refuted ect.

I figured I would let the e-mails speak for themselves in their entirety so that context isn't lost in the translation.

Anthony Scira
02-03-2009, 5:00 PM
I was thinking about pulling the trigger on a vinyl cutter. This really makes me think I will be giving my business to another vendor.

Mike Page
02-03-2009, 5:43 PM
Sorry Angus, I know your pain, I have been down that road.

John Frazee
02-03-2009, 6:18 PM
I was going to buy from them a few years ago but heard horror stories people had in dealing with them. I decided not to give them a chance to rip me off. I get their catalogs in the mail but use them only for comparisons on pricing. I would not consider buying from them and it wouldn't hurt my feelings if the took me off their mailing list. Good luck with the rest of your dealings with them.

Jerry Hay
02-03-2009, 7:03 PM
www. laserprona.com

Check Kurt out, He is the man with Laser pro. My next machine will come from him. I recommend him highly. I have spoke to him several times when I had to upgrade my machine he is very honest and very helpful. You will not find a more knowledgeable person. Give him a call and tell him I sent you I hope he can help you out. Once you talk to him you will be comfortable in saying that you will be buying from him next time.

Gene Hobbs
02-03-2009, 9:03 PM
If you will do a search on Signwarehouse or Accuris laser you will find quite a bit on them especially with me. Mine got solved with the help of my lawyer. Let just put it this way, it never made it to court and I got reimbursed in full.

Gene

Anthony Scira
02-03-2009, 10:51 PM
But the cute blond on the homepage makes me feel so at home and everything is going to be ok !:):):)

Mike Chance in Iowa
02-04-2009, 2:39 AM
According to their About Us page on their web site.

Today, the Grayson Business Computer Inc. companies, SIGNWarehouse and SignWarehouse.com, are recognized names among sign design professionals. Since then, making a profound difference in the way sign makers purchase equipment, software, and supplies has been their goal.

Why yes, it does appear they have made a profound difference upon their customers.

In its endeavor to merge cutting edge products with complete customer satisfaction, SIGNWarehouse pioneered many firsts, including the industry’s first toll-free technical support service.

While complete customer satisfaction may have been a goal in the 80's, it doesn't appear to be a factor 20 years later.

While it isn't much help, you may want to contact the BBB and file a complaint.

Frank Corker
02-04-2009, 7:15 AM
.....Why yes, it does appear they have made a profound difference upon their customers....

LOL :p That's a good one!

James Jaragosky
02-04-2009, 7:20 AM
Angus

Many people looking for information on laser purchases may find this thread useful in making a decision on what company to purchase their next laser from.

If Signwarehouse is providing less than acceptable service to one of its customers, then this is pertinent information to the laser community.

Posting this may not have resolved your problem but you may have saved someone else form having similar difficulty's.
Thanks for sharing and good luck
Jim J.

Scott Shepherd
02-04-2009, 8:09 AM
Thanks for sharing this Angus, it's good for people to know just how their service is handled.

If you visit any sign forum, you'll find so many stories like this that most sign people on the forums refuse to buy from them. There are countless stories about their revolving door sales staff. Disgruntled ex-employees have come on the forums and given insight into their problems. Not a well run company by any means. They might have good products and good pricing, but I think it would be tough to argue that they are a well run company that service their customers as well as others do.

Angus Hines
02-04-2009, 8:36 AM
Well If just one person reads this and dosn't make a purchase based on this information then I have done a service to the community. (looks like I have convinced 3 now).

Thats why I didn't condense any of the information into my own story. The actual e-mails say more about the company and the people who wrote them than anything I could have tried to explain.

Jacqui Hines
02-04-2009, 8:50 AM
Personally, I used to like Sign Warehouse, but this whole debacle is stressing me out.

It's fairly obvious they screwed the pooch big time with this and it's frustrating to say the least.

Scott Shepherd
02-04-2009, 8:55 AM
As someone who runs a business, this one has always baffled me. I write it off to book smarts versus common sense. So you have changed 3 people's minds already (and it will be far greater than that in the end). That's 3 customers who could have spent a ton of money with them that they will not get. Over what? How much money would it have cost them, one stinking next day air package.

So for $40 and their principles, they have lost $1000's of dollars in profit. That's book smart versus common sense to me.

Same with any laser manufacturer. Something wrong with a customers machine? FIX IT at all cost. I can promise you that the money you save by not sending parts or swapping out an entire machine, or even refunding the money and taking the machine back is FAR LESS than the future sales you will lose in the short term when people go public with their experiences. It's not that difficult to do the right thing.

So most of this could have been avoided over a $40 next day air cost. Simply amazing.

Angus Hines
02-04-2009, 9:02 AM
And that's the worst part Scott I didnt just fly off the handle and come to the forums.

I gave them 3 days and then even offered to discuss it in private with the owner first.

But to NO avail. They must like this kinda of publicity.

Gene Hobbs
02-04-2009, 10:35 AM
You gave them 3 days. I gave them over a year, and had to buy a new laser in the mean time to keep my business going.

Angus Hines
02-04-2009, 11:36 AM
This is just one instance Gene. I have actually given them 18 months to prove all that I have read on the internet wrong.

But they cant prove this or any other statements on the net wrong now.

And as for the new laser I had to do that too.

PM me your attorneys info maybe he needs to call them again, seeing that he has already invented the wheel.

Angus Hines
02-04-2009, 3:53 PM
And the saga continues...

Now I have to wait for the items to ship from Tiawan and then clear customs in Dallas and then they can send them to me.

Apparently they can't ship them directly to me from Tiawan because of customs?

Please these people really aren't intelligent are they?

Rodne Gold
02-04-2009, 4:35 PM
I have an issue with one of our Deos tubes , coherent wont fix it directly , even tho the tube and laser is out of warrantee - they want me to ship it to Taiwan ..to GCC , so there might be some issues re distributors etc ..maybe thats the reason they wont ship directly.
If you really have issues why not phone GCC and speak to Dr Wu (I think his first name is Frank)
098862269466872 , he is MD as far as I remember. The 09 in front is our code for int calls

What exactly is wrong with your machines - we have spirits and explorers and we fix em ourselves mainly - an X-motor should really not be a difficult thing to get....we even carry one as our own spares...
Im also a bit confused as to what the issues are with SW - the mails seem a little jumbled and i can't quite make sense outa em all

Angus Hines
02-04-2009, 5:03 PM
Well the first problem is I sent a main board and Y motor for "Courtsy Testing" and they lost them both" It took them 4 weeks to admit they had no clue as to there where abouts. and a threat to take the incompatance issue public before they finally got new ones out to me.

I then got my Spirit GX and found out because of their in ablity to properly label their parts I got tthe little lens for a regular Spirit. Did I mention that was the problem with the Y motor also, wrong part number on the item.

Now they haven't been very resptive to replaceing the wrong lens even though it was their fault in shipping the wrong item.

Tha best one was the CS girl telling me it was a October order and that they were doing me a favor as they hvae a thirty day order complete policy. But wait, It was a October order but They dont seem to care that it had to come from Tiawan and I didnt even get the machine til December 30th. My realization of the wrong lens was on Jan 29 thats when in thirty days last time I learned to count. Oh and the best excuse China is in the middle of there 2 week new year celabration sorry about your luck. THey work in China during New YEars you just may have to actually do a little leg work to make it happen but it can be done.

So in a nut shell thats it, they don want to honor anything they say, and any promise from them is only worth the slavia it took for them to say the words.

Abdul Baseer Hai
02-04-2009, 5:42 PM
I find it highly unprofessional on the party of SW to be acting the way they are.I have an Explorer and had a somewhat similar problem a while back. My distributor resolved that within two days. They sent me a used part for the interim and then resolved the issue with the manufacturer.
I am sure that if SW does not come onto this and/or other forums and state their version, they will be loosing a lot of business, especially mine.(I have been checking out their site lately for a new piece of equipment I needed)

abdul

Martin Boekers
02-04-2009, 5:53 PM
Angus, a "courtesy copy" of this link to the CEO might seem to be in order.

Then again I heard somewhere "you can't fix stupid"

I'll consider your experience when deciding about SW products and purchases.

Thanks, for sharing!

Marty

Angus Hines
02-04-2009, 8:18 PM
I would but thats privileged information. I attempted to get his e-mail prior to this post so I could discuss this in private with him. But no one was willing to share that info. They might be afraid tthat their own faults will show.

But sort of like you said, there's no such thing as a " Dumb A** Vaccine "

Angus, a "courtesy copy" of this link to the CEO might seem to be in order.

Then again I heard somewhere "you can't fix stupid"

I'll consider your experience when deciding about SW products and purchases.

Thanks, for sharing!

Marty

Mike Hood
02-07-2009, 10:29 AM
I dunno. I've bought two vinyl cutters, a dye sub printer and my laser through them. Aside from a Z-motor replacement (which was handled very professionally and promptly), I've had no problems with any of them.

Kevin is a tech. I wouldn't blame the company for the content of a bunch of quick emails back and forth. I've dealt with him myself and found him very personable and competent.

I really hate it when people vent entire email threads on forums like this. It's one thing to share your experiences, but disclosing emails that were sent to private parties is poor form.

You're judging a person in a public arena, for what they may have thought was a quick follow-up email in an informal tone.

I still like Sign Warehouse. I do lots of business with them and got great deals on my equipment and excellent customer service.

John W. Love
02-07-2009, 1:15 PM
We bought our laser through Sign Warehouse and had no problems at all with them. The tech support was good when we had minor problems and adjustments in the beginning. The called and walked me through the entire set up from removing it from the box to all of the initial diagnostic tests before I used it. We had onsite training about 2 weeks after the machine arrived. The two weeks gave us a chance to become familiar with the machine before we had a two day training session.
I did do a search for information on them before I purchased and even drove up to their showroom near Dallas and spent the day with them before doing a purchase. I was happy with the presentation and the knowledge of the salesperson and how he took the time to explain how the laser worked, what could and could not be done with a laser and he also did several demos for me to watch just how precise the laser could be. Overall, I would say I am satisfied with my purchase.

However, that being said I can definetly understand your frustration as it does appear that that the customer service and some of the others there have Cranial Rectitus, ie their head up their butts. Having a long ago background in retail management I understand the importance of keeping a customer happy if it is at all possible. A satisfied customer might tell one or two people, but a dissatisfied customer will tell untold legions of their bad experience. Sometimes you might lose money on a sale, but if it is handled properly you will recoup that loss in repeat business. That is just the risk of doing business.

I do think that if I need to do business with Sign Warehouse again I will keep this thread in the forefront of my mind and let it weigh in with my good experience in helping me make a decision.

Thanks for posting this as it is a great insight into their current business practices.

Angus Hines
02-18-2009, 4:36 PM
Well the correct lenses finally got here today....After much continued badgering....

But in true Signwarehouse form they came without focus rods..

Now I wonder how long that will take to get fixed....

Dave Russell Smith
02-18-2009, 7:32 PM
:eek: Thanks for heads up on that company looked at purchasing through them but thats out the window.So apart from those issues how do find getting hold of spares for this machine, do you have along wait? do they not hold spares in this country for all the machines they sell. Only asking because this machine was on my shopping list.

Angus Hines
02-19-2009, 9:11 AM
They don't keep any inventory apparently. It seems when someone needs a part they have to get it from GCC America, or another distributor, like laserproi.com or laserprona.com.

In fact when you buy a machine from them it comes crated from laserproi.com with all of their info on the crate. No mention of SW at all on the crate.

:eek: Thanks for heads up on that company looked at purchasing through them but thats out the window.So apart from those issues how do find getting hold of spares for this machine, do you have along wait? do they not hold spares in this country for all the machines they sell. Only asking because this machine was on my shopping list.

Brian Robison
02-19-2009, 10:10 AM
Dave, take a look at Jorlink. Talk to Jay and tell him I sent you. Maybe you can talk him into the the motorcyclists discount (inside joke).They've been a good supplier of Thermark for me. I believe they sell the GCC/Spirit/ Pinicle? line of lasers. I was looking at a used one and Sign Warehouse wouldn't provide tech support even though they were the ones that sold the laser. Jorlink would provide tech support for it for a small fee. $70.00 a year I think.

Martin Boekers
10-24-2009, 11:23 PM
Which machine did you buy?

Is it under warranty?

Did you contact the manufacturer?

I would do that immediatly and let them know your how you feel about how Sign Warehouse has handled their customer service. Not to mention the business you lost while your laser is down. Show them your emails.

Customer service can be the tipping point on buying one laser over another!

Marty

Mike Null
10-26-2009, 8:36 AM
Members are required to use real names to participate on SMC.