PDA

View Full Version : Jet 13" Planer/Moulder

Ben Davis
02-02-2009, 10:32 PM
'Evening everyone,

I ran across an add for a 13" Jet planer/moulder from a contractor going out of business. He only has a set of crown moulding knives and he is asking $275. Just because he is a contractor, I am guessing this is the open base model. I haven't been able to make positive contact with him yet or see pictures.

Does anyone have any experience with this piece of machinery? It seems to me that even at his asking price of $275 it's a pretty darn good buy. Any suggestions on what to look our for?

Doc

Dennis Miller
02-02-2009, 10:50 PM
Ben,
I've had mine over 8 years. It gets light use but does a decent job. You will need infeed and outfeed rollers that were optional when I bought mine. You will also need to make sure that it has the optional dust chute for connecting to a dust collection system if you want to make mouldings. Given the asking price, I'd say it's a great deal.
Dennis

RickT Harding
02-03-2009, 2:15 PM
I bought one of these a couple of years ago for a bit more than you're looking at. It came with the dust chute, but no rollers. I ended up making some infeed/outfeed tables that I wax up well.

It's served me pretty well so far. I do sometimes wish it took up less space like a benchtop model as it doesn't really move around very well, but for the price/power that's a great deal.

dan mahler
02-03-2009, 2:27 PM
I purchased a used JET Planer-Molder JPM-13CS close to 4 years ago for $400. It works like a champ. No complaints here.