PDA

View Full Version : Vector cutting w/Solidworks on an Epilog?

Craig Colvin
02-02-2009, 11:29 AM
On an Epilog is it possible vector cut with Solidworks? Using the smallest line width available for vectors the Epilog still treats it as a raster instead of a vector.

I know I can export it to Corel and make it work but wanted to know if there was a solution just using Solidworks?

James Stokes
02-02-2009, 12:18 PM
I would think you could set your line width to .001 and it should vector cut. Probably what you will need to do is go in to your printer setup manager and set it up there. I do not use solid works much and my dr has my meds set to strong. I am Having a problem thinking to day.

Joe Pelonio
02-02-2009, 3:22 PM
I haven't tried that but a customer wanted me to cut a solidworks that was exported as a dwg and it took a while to figure out that she hadn't converted it to 2D. If you do that first it might work.

Peck Sidara
02-02-2009, 6:08 PM
Craig,

Does the machine just beep if you send the job over as vector only? If so, it's the line weight. And as Joe has stated, make sure it's been converted to 2D mode.

We have a few customers using solidworks as their primary software, shouldn't be a problem.

Keep us posted on your findings.