PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to the Steelers...

JohnT Fitzgerald
02-02-2009, 10:11 AM
and all their fans. That was quite a game!

Arizona fans should feel good about their team too. Although both teams had a pretty "ugly" game at times (re: penalties), that was definitely one of the more entertaining and exciting SB games.

Mitchell Andrus
02-02-2009, 10:48 AM
Best SB in decades.

Neal Clayton
02-02-2009, 11:37 AM
i think the NFL needs to have a serious look at its officiating in the offseason, it's been bad all year. i don't think the officiating decided the game yesterday, but it did decide quite a few during the season (more than usual) and the time taken to sort out minor penalties is just too much.

the one game i remember in particular was the saints/chargers game in london. it had more penalty calculation time than game time.

Dewey Torres
02-02-2009, 11:49 AM
Best thing is that Pitt now surpassed Dallas for most SBs:D!

Can't stand Dallas ... sorry Dallas Fans.

Steve Schlumpf
02-02-2009, 11:59 AM
I'm not a huge football fan but did manage to watch this year's game and have to admit that it was one of the best games I have seen in a long time. Thought both teams did well, other than the penalties, and really had no idea how the game was going to turn out until the very end. Congrats to the Steelers and their fans!

Steve Kubien
02-02-2009, 3:13 PM
Best thing is that Pitt now surpassed Dallas for most SBs:D!

Amen to that

Chris Padilla
02-02-2009, 3:24 PM
Amen to that

+1

(although I still am not 100% convinced that Holmes got BOTH feet down in the endzone...but from what I saw, there wan't enough to overrule the original call so a TD it is)

Rory Talkington
02-04-2009, 7:23 PM
Best SB in many years. As for officiating......I thought the chop block penalty early against the Cards was a cheap call. I would like to know how many times that was called all year. I also thought there were too many times the O's were hesitant/late on whistles. :confused: I'm still steamed at the officiating debacle in the Steelers/Seahawks SB. :mad: Otherwise thumbs up.

Frank Guerin
02-04-2009, 8:32 PM
It was a great game. Too many penalties from both sides in my opinion and I still question how a player stays in the game after punching a player on the ground does not require automatic ejection but what do I know.

I just cut wood.