PDA

View Full Version : Cherry Blanket Chest Completed

Dave Verstraete
02-01-2009, 5:47 PM
I just completed a Cherry Blanket Chest to go along with the rest of our bedroom set which is viewable in my albums. Thanks for looking.

Dewey Torres
02-01-2009, 5:58 PM
Dave,
Nice work. How did you conquer the nightmarish botches cheery seems to bring with it? The curves are just enough...nice touches everywhere, joinery included.

Dave Verstraete
02-01-2009, 8:54 PM
Dewey
I usually only sand to 150 grit. I feel that this helps with the blotches. That's my theory anyways.

Jim Kountz
02-01-2009, 9:23 PM
Looks great Dave, have you cut into that huge waterfall slab yet??

Jason Tuinstra
02-02-2009, 12:26 AM
Very nice. The cherry looks great!

Matt Meiser
02-02-2009, 8:27 AM
Hey, stop copying! I mean, even the carpet???

Seriously, it turned out great Dave.

http://www.semiww.org/wiki/lib/exe/fetch.php/members/matt_meiser/dscf1143.jpg

Dave Verstraete
02-02-2009, 5:24 PM
Matt
Thanks, so did yours.
Copying is the "sincerest form of flattery". I didn't have the usual quilt on our bed. That would have been really spooky!

What's our next project, anyway?LOL.
Really, my next project is a platform bed for my adult son, Jake.

Jim
The slab is about to get cut for a "live edge" couch/entry hall table. I'll post pictures as I go in my blog. Maybe next week. I am savoring this one.

Larry Edgerton
02-02-2009, 7:15 PM
Very nice Dave! Curious to see your table creation as it develops.

I have one on my living room that is an old growth redwood crotch cut about 6" thick with natural edges and knarly redwood legs. Makes a nice table, but really hurts when I stub my toe.

I have tried to count the rings a couple of time, and lost track around 200. Interesting wood......

Ed Sallee
02-02-2009, 7:54 PM
Very nice, Dave! I like everything about it.....

Jim Becker
02-02-2009, 9:51 PM
Nice work, Dave!

Matt Meiser
02-02-2009, 9:56 PM
I didn't have the usual quilt on our bed. That would have been really spooky!

What's our next project, anyway?LOL.
Really, my next project is a platform bed for my adult son, Jake.

That's too funny. We changed out the carpet for hardwood last summer. You want the numbers off the box? :D

I think my next project is a welding project--a stand for my metal bandsaw as soon as I finish the details on the vanity I've been working on for a few months that is.