PDA

View Full Version : Normless in Nebraska

Ray Carpenter
03-16-2003, 12:58 PM
Well, they did it again!

Went to tune in for "Part II" of Norm building the leather chair (that was not shown last week due to the Nebraska Public TV fund drive - had some nucklehead showing how to clean) and they had local basket ball tourneyments instead. Now if I wanted basket ball, (I would not walk across the street to see the Superbowl-or whatever they call the basket ball stuff) I would have tuned in on ESPN. To add insult to injury, CBS had the same telecast showing on their channel. Got so disgusted I went out and burned the ditches & trimmed trees.

Ray Carpenter in Normless Nebraska:mad:

Terry Hatfield
03-16-2003, 1:21 PM
3 weeks in a row here!!!! I'm starting to have withdrawls.

Somehow quilting and one stroke painting are just not the same as Norm!!!

Terry

Jim Izat
03-16-2003, 1:59 PM
One thing I've noticed here about fund raising time. They'll pick out one show (like Rick Steve's Europe travelings) and play the darn thing all day. They'll do the same with all kinds of shows but they never do it with norm or TOH. Doesn't make any sense to me, everything I read says TOH and NYW are the most popular programs on PBS. (If they weren't on PBS I'd never watch the channel).

Jim Izat

Dick Shryock
03-16-2003, 2:44 PM
Yuck, the same here in Maine, High School basketball playoffs and New Hampshire Public TV is still begging, I am getting real sick of this. Actually I prefer getting commercials along with my T.V. to getting enundated with only commercials for two weeks straight 3 or 4 times a year. I used to be a Public T.V and radio member but no longer and I don't see them getting another dime of my money ever.:mad:

gsinos
03-16-2003, 3:22 PM
Ray -

I called NPTV when I saw Norm wasn't on the schedule during the fund raiser and the state basket ball tournament.

The program director said they would pick up right where they left off next Saturday.

See you later, gs

Ted Shrader
03-16-2003, 3:27 PM
Originally posted by Jim Izat
. . . . . everything I read says TOH and NYW are the most popular programs on PBS. (If they weren't on PBS I'd never watch the channel).
Jim Izat

Jim -

You got that right! He shows up on HGTV on the satellite sometimes.

Ted

Jim Shaver, Oakville Ont
03-16-2003, 3:48 PM
Hi,

We only can see the New Season of NYW on the Buffalo PBS station, seems like's it's been at least three weeks since the last current season new show. On top of that, we are about three episodes behind the rest of the PBS schedule...but we have Norm daily on HGTV ca, ......saw that Morris chair again yesterday......it's going to happen this summer I think....

Goldie, I'm fed up with your pledge drives, Give me Norm Back!!

take care,
Jim

:o

chris toomey
03-16-2003, 11:32 PM
we are doing the fund drive here as well. another thing i noticed( and called local station manager in past for) is that norm is often bumped for a special, or orchestra or something else, but TOH is aired consistently at its regular time. answer was norm only makes 13 episodes a year TOH make 26. norm's reruns are first to get bumped....answer doesn't help ease the withdrawl, however.

Paul Geer
03-17-2003, 6:58 AM
Three weeks in a row and I thought they where going to make it four! I'm having withdrawls too HaHa :)

On our PBS station they run This Old House, Home Time, New Yankee Workshop, American Woodshop, Router Workshop and The Wood Wright Shop. All are gone during the fund rase blackout, talk about withdrawls :(