PDA

View Full Version : Hello and gloat w/pics (I hope)

Martin Lutz
07-01-2004, 2:24 PM
Hello to all. I have been lurking around this forum for awhile and decided to jump in feet first. I attempted a previous post, not sure where it went, so if you get two, sorry. I am only posting one pic since I am not sure about sizing and procedure. I am impressed with the discussions available here and hope I may contribute in the future. I have been working on my shop for about 15 months and am excited about it. I have been in single and two car garages for a long time and the new 32' x 50 building will be nice. It also has a 12' x 50' area that will be wood storage and maybe a finishing area. Oh yeah, my wife gets to park in one end (unless I need the space):) I have been milling and drying my own lumber for several years and need a place to store it. The walls are 9' with a 3/12 cathedral ceiling. Plenty of room to swing a sheet of plywood if needed. the paneling in the pic is 1 x 6 T and G Aspen. I have yet to finish all of it since I am taking a break from working on the building and using it for its intended purpose. I plan on installing a raised wood floor (about 6") and running dust collection in the floor. Has anyone done this? Any advice? More later if you request and if I successfully post a pic.:)

Joe thanks for the help with the pic.

Joseph N. Myers
07-01-2004, 2:53 PM
Martin,

Welcome to the forum.

There are 3 or 4 threads generated in the past two weeks on uploading pictures so I'll list them and you can go from there. At what point did you get stuck? That would help but I think the posts will probably cover them.

"Sos", Ted Daigle

"Picture", Ralph Steffey

"Questions on responding to a Post on SMC", Joseph N. Myers

Regards, Joe

Jim Ketron
07-01-2004, 4:54 PM
Welcome to the Creek Martin!
Best woodworking forum on the net!
Lot of info here, Great people too!
And We love Pics
Jim

Jim Becker
07-01-2004, 6:31 PM
Welcome, Martin. Great looking shop you have there! Lots of space and lots of light. Very nice... :)

Travis Lanman
07-01-2004, 6:48 PM
Hi Martin, Welcome to the Creek. Great looking shop.
Travis

Greg Heppeard
07-01-2004, 6:50 PM
Looks like you have room for a couple of people in there. Nice shop. If you do the raised wood floor, your feet will thank you. The only suggestion I have is to make the ducting accessable when you need to to clear clogged pipes. You could also bury some electric work there for your tablesaw and other equipment that seem to always be in the middle of the floor. Just run the dust collection and electric well apart from each other.

John Shuk
07-01-2004, 8:24 PM
Welcome. Norm is going to be jealous of that shop!! :eek:

Brad Schmid
07-01-2004, 8:31 PM
Welcom Martin. Now that's a shop!

Brad

Chris Padilla
07-01-2004, 8:40 PM
Nice and roomy, Martin. I bet you can't even figure out what to do with so much space!!!...NAHhhhhhhhh...didn't think so! :D

Waymon Campbell
07-01-2004, 10:30 PM
Welcome Martin. WOW, what a shop. :) Looking forward to seeing some project pics come outa there.

Ken Fitzgerald
07-02-2004, 3:26 AM
Welcome Martin! Nice looking shop.

Jason Tuinstra
07-02-2004, 10:34 AM
Martin, great shop you have there. Very spacious. Welcome aboard!

Tyler Howell
07-02-2004, 10:36 AM
Welcom Martin,

Great bunch of folks Nice shop too!;)