PDA

View Full Version : I found this to be a good seller!

Gregg Vaughn
02-01-2009, 8:45 AM
I have got many good ideas from all of you and have not been in this long enough to give much back. One good seller I have found is for reproduction pilot certificates (US). Take a sample into your airport FBO pilot shop or post something on the bulletin board of smaller airports.
I have got great response with this, engraving it on marble, wood and Romark. Remind the buyer that the certificate number is their SSN, so they might want to put a ficticious number on it if they plan to hang it in a public area. Pilots with several ratings will have to settle for the ratings they want to display (multiple ratings are on the back of the certificate).

Ray Uebner
02-01-2009, 12:23 PM
One good seller I have found is for reproduction pilot certificates (US). Take a sample into your airport FBO pilot shop or post something on the bulletin board of smaller airports.
quote]
Do you take and just fill thier info into the certificate or do you get a copy of theirs and then put it into corel? This could be a good seller if you have air shows in the area too.

Rudy Ress
02-01-2009, 1:20 PM
Regarding the SNN on the certificate. You can either request that your SSN be replaced (no charge) or when you you get a new rating you can do the change at that time. Had my changed when I got by seaplane rating.

Dave Johnson29
02-01-2009, 1:30 PM
One good seller I have found is for reproduction pilot certificates (US). Take a sample into your airport FBO pilot shop or post something on the bulletin board of smaller airports.

Hi Gregg,

We have an airport with about 2 landings a month and I think one of those is a by a Raven. :eek: :D but I will make a sample and drop it out there.

However the big THANKS is for posting the CDR in version 10 format. :)

Jim Huston
02-01-2009, 2:17 PM
Are A & P certificates the same format? Both my airmans and A & P are so old they used assigned numbers! Guess I should update mine!

onur cakir
02-01-2009, 4:27 PM
Can i fly something with this certificate as it has some kind of original signature ?? :eek::D:cool:

Rudy Ress
02-01-2009, 5:36 PM
Hi Onur,
Nice try:D. No,not officially. The original certificate, at least the new ones are colored and have hologram images in them. Plus the back lists restrictions. Additionally you will need a current validated medical certificate.

Gregg Vaughn
02-02-2009, 9:51 AM
Ray,

I have the customer give me his rating and other information and send them to me with a scaned signature, then plug that into my .cdr for the license.

Gregg Vaughn
02-02-2009, 10:08 AM
Mike sent me a PM telling me my DOT emblem in the upper right corner had an error! Embarassing, but better here than with a customer. I had downloaded a better emblem on my v13 .cdr and have burned (I hope!) all of my jobs from the v13 .cdr.

A .cdr of the certificate with the corrected emblem is attached.